Merry Christmas

Options
Susan Schuback
Susan Schuback Member Posts: 102
edited December 2011 in Day to day

Hello all you lovely ladies,

I am taking this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a safe, happy and prosperous New Year....I hope for you all that 2012 is the year of good health with many more to follow!   :-) 

I am saying this now as I will probably not get the chance to after next Monday for this is when I'm having my bi-lateral mastectomy & diep flap operation.......I should just make it home 2 days before Christmas if all goes to plan  %-S  Hopefully it does, so if any of you have any helpful hints re-: recovery now is the time to tell me as I don't think i'll be purched up at the computer for some time I expect!      I shall eventually keep you all posted on my progress & results!  :-)

So good Health & Happiness to you all,

Susan  xxx

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Susan,  My very best wishes to you for a successful op and a speedy recovery period.  You are very brave and strong so that will help you on your "mission".  I hope that you will be able to enjoy Xmas with your family.  If not there is always another year.  Christmas is just another day but we all seem to put so much into making it the best day of the year.  If you're well do that but if not - just relax - there will be many more to enjoy.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Susan,  My very best wishes to you for a successful op and a speedy recovery period.  You are very brave and strong so that will help you on your "mission".  I hope that you will be able to enjoy Xmas with your family.  If not there is always another year.  Christmas is just another day but we all seem to put so much into making it the best day of the year.  If you're well do that but if not - just relax - there will be many more to enjoy.  XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Best wishes for a successful operation and good recovery.I hope you are feeling better for Christmas but let your family wait on you..Let us know how it all went in the new year.

Tonya xx

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wishing you all the best for your op! Take it easy and make sure you recover fully before launching into Christmas. I'm sure it will be fine.  Hope all goes according to plan so you can enjoy Christmas day with your family.

Thinking of you,

Wishing you all the very best! Keep us posted when you feel up to it,

Love Alison xxx

• Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good luck for your operation Susan; I'm keen to hear how everything goes. I'll be thinking of you on Monday and wishing it was me getting new boobs!!
    I hope your recovery is trouble-free and your discomfort is minimal. Love Jane xx
  • Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good luck Susan, I hope it all goes well, and we will all be waiting to hear all of the details. Something like this does help to make you very organised for Christmas. This time last year, I had just had my first surgery for BC, having done nothing prior for Christmas. I hadn't been expecting my breast cancer on November 24th, and as you all know, you jump straight on to the roller coaster. I had to have a second surgery, a mastectomy on December 22nd, and though not driving between the 2 surgeries, I ended up being more organised than usual. This year I'm back to my usual unorganised self, and haven't done much at all for Christmas yet.
    Wishing you all the best, and hope you have a great Christmas at home with your family.
    Love Chris xx
  • Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Susan, merry Christmas to you, too, and best wishes for a successful operation next week.  Fingers crossed everything goes well with your recovery.  :)

Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Susan, merry Christmas to you, too, and best wishes for a successful operation next week.  Fingers crossed everything goes well with your recovery.  :)

Di

• Susan Schuback
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chris,

Yes I've had my surgery stayed in hospital 9 days & the only pain relief i've needed is panadol ever since they stopped the green button pain relief that I only had for 3 days....  Every thing went very smoothly and I am day 11 post op and feeling really fine.    Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Bright Blessings, Susan   xxx

• Susan Schuback
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chris,

Yes I've had my surgery stayed in hospital 9 days & the only pain relief i've needed is panadol ever since they stopped the green button pain relief that I only had for 3 days....  Every thing went very smoothly and I am day 11 post op and feeling really fine.    Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Bright Blessings, Susan   xxx

• Chris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    So glad to hear everything went well. Would love to hear all the details when you are feeling up to it. Hope you had a great Christmas. I've had a really great time. Today marks one year since I came out of hospital after my first mastectomy. I remember the surgeon visiting on Christmas morning, with his first bit of good news for me. Having had several bits of bad news over the previous month, the surgeon's news, that no more surprises were found, and my nodes were clear, was the best Christmas gift ever. It is hard to believe that a year has passed since then.
    Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    So glad to hear everything went well. Would love to hear all the details when you are feeling up to it. Hope you had a great Christmas. I've had a really great time. Today marks one year since I came out of hospital after my first mastectomy. I remember the surgeon visiting on Christmas morning, with his first bit of good news for me. Having had several bits of bad news over the previous month, the surgeon's news, that no more surprises were found, and my nodes were clear, was the best Christmas gift ever. It is hard to believe that a year has passed since then.
    Love Chris xx
  • Chris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    Love Chris xx