Community Liaison training melb

Kerries
Kerries Member Posts: 49
edited October 2010 in Community news and events

Had a fabulous time at the training this week. The BCNA girls are just amazing and the wonderful women I met were so inspirational.  Looking forward to continuing the connections & friendships I made during the two days.

Well done Amanda, Janelle & the team ~ you are all superstars.

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Hi agn Kerri, it was a great couple of days wasn't it!!!!  I'm with you on the BCNA team, they are a bunch of genuine caring young women and it will be a pleasure working with them.

I had that nanny nap yesterday afternoon after talking to you .... it lasted for 10 hours (must have needed it!!!!)

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Hi agn Kerri, it was a great couple of days wasn't it!!!!  I'm with you on the BCNA team, they are a bunch of genuine caring young women and it will be a pleasure working with them.

I had that nanny nap yesterday afternoon after talking to you .... it lasted for 10 hours (must have needed it!!!!)

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015

hi there Girls,

Have to agree on that one, i got home to my friends house at midnight friday night, tired and mind still racing, but was really worth it, had a great, informative couple of days, and was great meeting the bcna team (great work girls), and also the other members of the meeting. thanks for sharing, and teaching.

• moira1
    edited March 2015

hi there Girls,

Have to agree on that one, i got home to my friends house at midnight friday night, tired and mind still racing, but was really worth it, had a great, informative couple of days, and was great meeting the bcna team (great work girls), and also the other members of the meeting. thanks for sharing, and teaching.

• Cazz
    Cazz Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015

Hi All,

When I left you all on Friday I felt like I was leaving my family. It was such a wonderful couple of days. Many thanks to the BCNA team for their wonderful training and support. So inspiring! I'm already planning on how I can get out into my community to raise the profile of BCNA.

Cheers,

Caren xx

• Amanda_BCNA
    Amanda_BCNA Staff Posts: 19
    edited March 2015

Well, there are a number of factors which actually make the training a great success, and a wonderful bunch of women, who are so willing to share and motivated to make a difference is the most helpful start to a training group.

The whole BCNA team so enjoyed the opportunity to get to know you all, and for those lucky staff who got to spend even more time with you, we're really excited about hearing about how your plans take off.

I'm also so wrapped to see you utilising our online network to stay in touch - don't forget to join our BCNA Community Liaison group - you can find it by searching in the groups area of the online network.

We'll be in touch soon to make sure we can support you however we can to help get your local initiatives up off the ground, especially with Breast Cancer month coming up around the corner - watch out!

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

When I got off the plane In Rockhampton yesterday I was greeted by a "blurry" vision of someone waving at me.  It was one of the ladies who had participated in the breast cancer Art Group back in Aug/Sept 2007.  It was Gwen who looked radiant but bald.  She told me that she was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in June this year.  Unfortunately Gwen was one of the art participants who couldn't  join our Dragonboat group as she always had work commitments - financial stress from previous cancer treatment.  I hadn't seen her for about a year.  I told her where I had been - Community Liason Training and I was now equipped with heaps of knowledge.  Using my newfound knowledge I asked Gwen if she had received a Hope and Hurdles kit.  We had a laugh - of course she had it!  Well done again BCNA! 

PS I feel like a new puppy - leaving my "mark" all over this online site.  I will master it soon.  

cheers

Leonie

• moira1
    edited March 2015

no puddles to be left in here leonie......... hehe

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015

You all are wonderful women and I am so privileged to have been part of such a great group.

I am supporting a newly diagnosed lady right now, her op is Friday... her kit should arrive today. Gonna promote BCNA whenever I see an opportunity! Love to all, Mandy