Pathology Results and onwards...

kiwikris72
kiwikris72 Member Posts: 14
I got my pathology results yesterday after my lumpectomy and sentinel node removal on the 24/2.  I was so relieved to learn that the cancer hasn't spread to my lymph nodes, I cried when the surgeon told me!

I'm still up for chemo for about 5 months though because mine is a triple negative, doing a CT and bone scan on Friday to double check no other cancer cells have lodged anywhere.  So still a ways to go but one less thing to worry about now. Yay!

Comments

• PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Happy for you @kiwikris72, all the best with your treatment.
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    @kiwikris72 I had a similar triple negative diagnosis just over 18 months ago and also cried with relief on hearing there were no nodes involved. 

I did the standard five months chemo followed by radiation and am almost a full 12 months post treatment!

My number one tip for getting through chemo is to try and stay active. So good for you physically and mentally 😊
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    @kiwikris72 congratulations, that’s great news  :)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Terrific, @kiwikris72 - that's a good Win!!    All the best for your next set of tests & ongoing treatment xx

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Fantastic news
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @kiwikris72 wishing you all the best with your treatment
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    @kiwikris72 So very pleased for your good news and such a relief! Best wishes to you, xx
  • YellowRobin
    YellowRobin Member Posts: 52
    @kiwikris72 great news! I’m having my PET scan tomorrow. We will probably be having our chemo at the same time for our TNBC. Are you doing TC or AC? 
  • kiwikris72
    kiwikris72 Member Posts: 14
    @YellowRobin sorry what's TC or AC?  I'm having my first chemo on 24 March
  • YellowRobin
    YellowRobin Member Posts: 52
    @kiwikris72 sorry I forgot all the abbreviations are a bit much in the beginning. There are different types of chemo treatments. I’m doing what is called TC which is actually Docetaxel and Cyclophosphamide. Another common treatment is AC Doxorubin and cyclophosphamide sometimes followed by PACLitaxel. I’m no expert and really only know about the one I’m doing. Your oncologist should be discussing options with you. As others have posted there is a good guide on making choices about chemo before or after surgery. Visit the my journey online app for lots of details on chemo options. https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/resources/my-journey-online-tool/ 🌸💖💕
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Hi kiwikris72, I also was diagnosed with Triple negative BC grade 3 in October 2018,all treatment finished 5 months ago, first yearly mammogram after diagnosis and treatment all clear.
    You will be to.

That is fantastic news, very emotional time getting results. I cried a lot during treatment when finding out results.

I had 4 doses every fortnight dense dose AC then 12 weekly doses of Pactlitaxel, then 30 rounds of Radiotherapy.

Wishing you all the best, you can pm me privately if you want to ask any questions or have a chat