saying yes to self help in metastatic cancer

Options
samaulton
samaulton Member Posts: 21
edited November 2011 in Health and wellbeing

When the onco says 'there is nothing more we can do'or 'this drug will prolong your life'is that really helpful? No! We must find ways and means of helping ourselves and I have spent 8 months researching and trialling alternative modalities and have managed to erase lung mets and stop bone mets from growing. With the bone I must be patient but I know my life is in my hands not the hands of docs who unfortunately know , generally, nothing about nutrition or ways we can live a better longer life by being pro-active. I have started a blog on youtube sharing my info called repellingcancer but am happy to answwer individual questions here. Thanks, Sam

Comments

• Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with you wholeheartedly Sam. I've just been reading about anti-angiogenic foods that interfere with the cancer's blood supply. It makes so much sense. There's a great site called 'Eat to Defeat Cancer'. My oncologist says food is very important and did a trial on the benefits of flaxseed for breast cancer. I'm eating as much of the good stuff as I can. x Jane
  • Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with you wholeheartedly Sam. I've just been reading about anti-angiogenic foods that interfere with the cancer's blood supply. It makes so much sense. There's a great site called 'Eat to Defeat Cancer'. My oncologist says food is very important and did a trial on the benefits of flaxseed for breast cancer. I'm eating as much of the good stuff as I can. x Jane
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

After my first cancer I took flaxseed tabs instead of Tamoxifen.I was cancer free for 6 years and then I stopped taking it.Within a year I got breast cancer again -coincidence??I also had extreme stress for 18mths leading up to both cancers.I too have done alot of reading/research and I think piece of mind and diet may play a very important part in preventing cancer."Foods that fight cancer"is an interesting read.

Tonya xx

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amy,

My young ones have stuck mostly to their own diet and my vegan diet has been a bit of a slap up but my body is certainly accustomed to avocado on toast. The point is to eat mainly raw and cut out fruit and everything else. Adding brown rice or quinoa to salads is yum and the dressing of apple cider vinegar good olive oil lemon juice etc makes it taste very good. It has not really been a hassle and my doctors are amazed that my cancer is contained so it seems worthwhile and now my tadte buds have renewed I feel excellent! I have my flax with the budwig and highly recommend. Presently I am on the 10th day of a healing fast and have been up and down I am sure my children will be glad when I am finished the Breuss Cancer Cure....well 2/3rds of it x

• samaulton
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Tonya that is amazing. Piece of mind, attitude and meditation make for a big chunk of health. Read Bruce Lipton's stuff if you have not as his books on cellular messages we send with emotion etc are grand. Take care Sam

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Never heard of Bruce Lipton so googled him and stumbled across a 45min lecture.Wow,so interesting and he makes alot of sense.Thanks for the tip.I'll be definitely reading his stuff.

Tonya xx 

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

How interesting Tonya...coincidence hey? Will have to look that book up too, thanks, Celeste x