what now

Options
tisme
tisme Member Posts: 148
what a year last year was , breast cancer in May , a month or so later diagnosed rheumatoid /osteoarthritis , shingles for xmas and now bad fatty liver , go see a dietician the doctor says so im on the list , in the mean time i'm trying to figure out what i can eat and what i cant ,  i was told soya milk is bad for those with breast cancer ??
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi!  You certainly have had a rough time of it!  BCNA has a booklet that you may find beneficial in the mean time whilst you wait for your Dietician appointment.
    https://www.bcna.org.au/health-wellbeing/physical-wellbeing/healthy-eating/
  • tisme
    Options
    it cant come soon enough im going hungry afraid of eating the wrong thing 
  • suburbangirl
    suburbangirl Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi @tisme
    I was wondering how you were going? 
    I really hope things settle for you and 2020 is a much better year for you :)
    xx
  • tisme
    Options
    its not off to a good start  :( 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Soy products in moderation are fine. They don't recommend the supplements though.  There is research on it and Cancer council does have a statement.

https://wiki.cancer.org.au/policy/Position_statement_-_Soy,_phyto-oestrogens_and_cancer_prevention

Have a look at Michael Moseleys Fast800 whilst you wait for dietitian, It's changed my life.
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    From what I’ve read,sugar is one of the worst things for a fatty liver.So you could cut down on that for starters. I hope this year will be a better one for you.
  • shs14
    shs14 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Oh @tisme, what a rough trot. My Dad used to do the Liver Cleansing diet every so often. It really worked for his liver markers. I imagine if you google fatty liver diet some ideas might come up? 
    I was diagnosed in May too, and my Mum died in July. 
    Here's hoping 2020 will be a bit better for both of us! x
  • tisme
    Options
    i have and its so confusing , yes u can eat oats no u cant blah blah ive eaten so little in the last week since the gastrologist told me . and the added issue of  rheumatoid prep is a night mare.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fast800 is primarily about simple carbs being cut...sugar being one of those, but excess fruit, white bread, white rice etc.