Question

Pip47Pip47 Dandenong RangesMember Posts: 16
edited August 26 in General discussion
Has anyone had dcis in a milk duct removed and not had to have radiation?
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrowniserbrown Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 3,779
    https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/what-is-breast-cancer/ductal-carcinoma-in-situ/

Hopefully the link above will help you to better understand your treatment plan. 

Take care
  • Anne65Anne65 Member Posts: 280
    @Pip47 I had stage 1 DCIS & a lumpectomy with clear margins. As my surgery was so successful & I had no node involvement, my medical team were "sitting on the fence" when it came to deciding on whether I even needed radiation treatment following surgery. They really left it up to me to decide. I visited my oncologist & I asked him what he thought & he said that even though my DCIS was stage 1, it was aggressive, so he thought it may be a good idea if I went ahead with it. If it was his wife, he would advise her to do it! So, I went ahead & dont regret the decision as I breezed through rad with my Mepitel film & I guess it was an extra insurance policy, even though I really didnt need to have it done. Go with your gut & the advice of your team. From what I learnt at a recent conference, these days, they are trying to limit the amount of treatment given to people following BC surgery if they feel it isnt warranted. Good luck xx