young people and cancer awareness

Options
joadavis
joadavis Member Posts: 28
edited November 2011 in Day to day

Hi breast cancer friends :)

My good friend Merylee (Silly Sam) and myself  were just on channel 9 news in Melbourne about raising awareness about breast cancer that effects young people.

I am so proud of how they edited the story as we had a message to convey to all young people out there to check there breasts and to take notice of any changes.

I am also so pleased to have met the wonderful Merylee on my journey and on this website! . She has a special place in my heart and even though she has a different breast cancer type than me having her support and laughter makes my journey that extra special.

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Joanne,

I was very excited to see both you and Merylee on Channel 9 News (Merylee came into the office a few months back) and I was just as excited to see BCNA's website displayed!

It was a great story and you both did a great job getting the message out to young women.

Good luck with your journey and it's fantastic to hear both you and Silly Sam (Merylee) contunue to support each other off-line.

Daina

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jo

I saw you on the news - you both did a great job.  Well done!  Your message was conveyed really well.

I tried to find it on the Internet so I could add the link here for everyone else to watch, but couldn't find it :(

I also saw Merylee and her husband in yesterday's Melbourne Herald Sun.

Good on you girls, keep spreading the word - it's such an important message to get out there.

Jo I hope your radiation is going ok - you are looking great, hope you are feeling the same.

Hope to catch up with you guys again soon.

Ann-Marie xx

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jo

I saw you on the news - you both did a great job.  Well done!  Your message was conveyed really well.

I tried to find it on the Internet so I could add the link here for everyone else to watch, but couldn't find it :(

I also saw Merylee and her husband in yesterday's Melbourne Herald Sun.

Good on you girls, keep spreading the word - it's such an important message to get out there.

Jo I hope your radiation is going ok - you are looking great, hope you are feeling the same.

Hope to catch up with you guys again soon.

Ann-Marie xx

• joadavis
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks everyone!

im glad that you saw it :) hopefully in the future id love to do more media work as well with volunteering in this field as well so we can get the message accross! as long as i save atleast one life than im happy. I have been given this for a reason and that is to help others :)

Daina- Thank you, This site is wonderful and such a great and easy to follow way to get into contact with others that unfortunatly been struck down with this disease. I love how we can share stories and be there for each other :) feel the love lol! and if BCNA would like any help in the future I would gladly put my hand up, it would be lovely to meet you :)

Anna marie- I am on facebook and if u are as well look me up :) i will also send you a private message with my number as well, it would be great to catch up. I hope ur doing well :) radiation is going ok thank you. easier than chemo thank god! but still feeling very tired and nauseas :(  kind of used to feeling like crap haha!

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

hey jo!

i saw that video of you and merylee! awesome job both of you!!!!!

great promotion of people who are proactive about getting the word out to other young women.

Mel

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

hey jo!

i saw that video of you and merylee! awesome job both of you!!!!!

great promotion of people who are proactive about getting the word out to other young women.

Mel

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

LOL!  Don't think there's any paying ones right now, but we may have some volunteer work with the online network.  Give me a call in the office if you're interested and have some spare time. :)

(the link doesn't work for me, so I'll just have to enjoy through your report)

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

whats the number we call? and do we just ask for Di?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sure.  Couple of ways to contact BCNA (I'm putting this here in case anyone else is reading, just think of it as a community service announcement):

-- just click on my username and you'll see all my contact details in my profile, or
    -- if you'd rather do it within the site, scroll down the bottom of any page and you'll see the 'contact us' link in the page footer which takes you to a page with our phone details and a contact form 

:)

• joadavis
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di,

Thank you very much. I will definatly look for your details and contact you soon. Unfortunatly, I am currently under going radaition/hercepton and my strength is not very good at the moment (not working in my nml job at the moment) but definatly in the new year i would love to volunteer and help out where ever there is needed to be.Shame the link does not work through this website of our video, :(  the channel 9 news did a great job of editing it and getting our message across of early detection in young people. Ive stopped looking at it as i think I look strange without any eye lashes haha!

Hi Melp 27 :) thank you :)

• joadavis
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di,

Thank you very much. I will definatly look for your details and contact you soon. Unfortunatly, I am currently under going radaition/hercepton and my strength is not very good at the moment (not working in my nml job at the moment) but definatly in the new year i would love to volunteer and help out where ever there is needed to be.Shame the link does not work through this website of our video, :(  the channel 9 news did a great job of editing it and getting our message across of early detection in young people. Ive stopped looking at it as i think I look strange without any eye lashes haha!

Hi Melp 27 :) thank you :)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

No probs, Jo, I'm happy to leave it completely to you.   Hope the energy picks up soon.  :)