next adventure

Options
Mouse
Mouse Member Posts: 32
edited October 2011 in Day to day

Just started my first chemo- travelling ok- the anticipation is just as scarey. Felt pretty sleepless and yuk after but day 2 is better. All this stuff certainly requires patience. Just spent the day lying in bed- can't remember when I was so decadent. I have been having seriously intense hot flushes since getting my mastectomy - anyone else in the same boat?? seems weird - had hysterectomy 3 years ago- and they weren't this intense- not mentioned the side effects of chemo

Comments

• jo1234
    jo1234 Member Posts: 291
    edited March 2015
    Options

It.s good to see everything is moving along. It might not be the direction  we predicted our lives would have gone, but it definitely makes us stronger women.

I am on Tamoxifen and zoladex injections and i also are having extreme hot flushes that are there in my face every time i move,along with strong bone aching in my feet and back.. I really find it hard to deal with them. I know it's all part of being pushed  into early menopause.

In your case maybe it is the chemo drugs still in your system that is intensifying the flushes,  not sure though. Good luck with them and try and keep cool....

Cheers Joxx

• jo1234
    edited March 2015
    Options

It.s good to see everything is moving along. It might not be the direction  we predicted our lives would have gone, but it definitely makes us stronger women.

I am on Tamoxifen and zoladex injections and i also are having extreme hot flushes that are there in my face every time i move,along with strong bone aching in my feet and back.. I really find it hard to deal with them. I know it's all part of being pushed  into early menopause.

In your case maybe it is the chemo drugs still in your system that is intensifying the flushes,  not sure though. Good luck with them and try and keep cool....

Cheers Joxx

• jo1234
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the info Julia, i will definitely look into it. I cant stand this feeling all the time.

Cheers Jo

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Aren't those hot flushes just the pits! I've been having them for the last 8 yrs and just when I thought they were easing up abit along came chemo and Tamoxifen to crank them up.I'm on a drug called Endep(10mg)which really helps but lately the flushes are increasing-maybe the hot weather or maybe I need to increase dose. In anycase,my "hot flush"equipment includes a constant supply of icypoles in the freezer,a hand fan in every room and one in my handbag.Can you get fat on icypoles???I'm dreading summer but on the positive side,I don't have to wear wigs or head gear like last summer-now that really sent me bonkas.

Tonya xx

• jo1234
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tonya, I am so glad to have my own hair (even though i feel like shaving it off when i sweat). I  could not have worn a wig though Tonya, i don't know how you did it, it would have been like a hot thermos under it..It's a wonder you didn't explode.

I was painting some door frames the other day and could not put up with the hot flushes and sweating  taking over, so i stripped down to bra and shorts and a large fan blasting on me about a foot away while i sat on a chair and painted. ( it was only 20 deg). Wasn't a pretty site but hey the joys of being on your own.

I have an appointment  to a clinic next week  for Women with cancer going through menopause and side effects. Its at a main hospital for women so they may give me some advice on how to control these flushes. I hope so.

I have been just drowning my head with water throughout the day and night to try and cool my self off.

Cheers Joxx