Something to make you chuckle!

JJoy
JJoy Member Posts: 350
edited November 2011 in General discussion

I thought you all would appreciate these little gems to put a smile on your faces and lets face it - we can't have too much of that - after all laughter is the best medicine!   I have to relate two very funny stories that happened in this town recently - The first I would like to title "The case of the disappearing chef" - We have three hotels here, one has been closed for some time - any way recently it reopened to some degree of small town fanfare, and they opened up their dinning room, they had employed a new chef.  On the night of opening he (the chef) stuck his head out the door to check how many customers had arrived for meals......On seeing a packed room with eager customers ordering from the menu, he freaked at the number of people and promptly ran and ran away - TRUE! As it turned out the new owners had to do all the cooking that night!

More recently, a young couple who live a couple of streets from us, came home after being away for the weekend.  They unlocked their door and went inside, the husband went into the kitchen - he got the fright of his life when all he saw was a face full of elephant through the window!  He rang the local police and told them ....... They immediately informed him he was  "....seeing pink elephants .." and hung up on him.  He rang them back and said, "Honestly constable, there IS an elephant in my back yard......." It turns out the Circus had come to town and one of the acts went for a wander! Believe it or not, but those stories are for real - I am so glad the wandering pachyderm didn't stray into our driveway - sounds like "Dumbo mumbo jumbo", but apparently it really happened - it gave me a hearty laugh and I couldn't wait to email all my friends with these two little delightful tales!  ENJOY! x x x Josie

Comments

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015

Josie, you crack me up honestly.

OMG what are you taking, drinking um smoking - only because you didn't say the elephant was pink do I believe you.

Hugs,

Maria333

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015

Josie, you crack me up honestly.

OMG what are you taking, drinking um smoking - only because you didn't say the elephant was pink do I believe you.

Hugs,

Maria333

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

I just feel sorry for the poor chap who looked out his window - he must have nearly fainted!  But it was a fair dinkum circus elephant that had 'gone for a wander' (you'd think they'd miss it?...........) x x x