Sexual Wellbeing and Intimacy (Seeking breast cancer survivor feedback)
My name is Kym and I’m a breast cancer survivor and a BCNA Consumer Representative volunteer. I have been invited to be a panelist for a psycho-oncology seminar, for medical professionals and medical students, to be held at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The topic for the seminar is Sexual Wellbeing (during and after cancer treatment) and I will be speaking in the context of breast cancer. The other panelists consist of a consumer/patient advocate speaking in the context of prostate cancer and three medical professionals who deal with sexual health and intimacy.
1. Did any member/s of your medical team (GP, Surgeon, Oncologist, Breast Care Nurse, Psychologist, Other)
PRO-ACTIVELY approach the topic of sexual health with you?
- If yes, did you find it helpful and why?
- If no, would you have liked one or more of your medical team to open the discussion of sexual health with you?
2. During or after your breast cancer treatment, what MOST negatively impacted your sexual intimacy? (e.g. hair loss, body image, other?)
3. If you were to provide feedback to any of your medical team, about how they handled the issue of sexual health and wellbeing with you, what would it be?
Your identity WILL NOT be included in any part of my presentation.
realise this can be a very sensitive subject, so please feel free to private
message me, if you prefer. Please post
or message any responses by Friday 15th February 2019.
you in advance for your feedback.