Look good Feel good

Romla
Romla Member Posts: 2,092
edited November 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Just finished the wonderful Look good Feel good course here in Adelaide of skincare , makeup and wigs/headgear.Not only were the volunteers who ran it lovely people it was good to be with other ladies undergoing treatment for cancer.The course is offered across Australia and sponsored by major cosmetic companies who provide each participant with a goodies bag customised to the individual.I recommend a look on their website as a nice way to have a bit of a boost to your morale.

Comments

• Romla
    Oops its called Look good Feel better and they also provide courses for teenagers and men undergoing cancer treatment .Not sure what these courses involve.All courses are free.
  • Romla
    Thankyou @Hankster for volunteering - it really makes one feel special being pampered by  kindly  beauty experts such as yourself - it made my day.
  • Romla
    @Hankster just thought I’d let you know how wonderful it was to learn how to create eyebrows as mine are gone - I feel like I have a face again.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Do they do 'before & after' pics, @Romla ?

My hairdresser used to run the local one - but sadly she is not well now, with chemo induced cardiomyopathy  :(

I think it its wonderful that these cosmetic companies help those with BC/chemo effects. 
  • Romla
    No pics sorry - had a heavy fall leaving the venue - tripped on metal jutting out of the ground - and somewhat black and blue now literally.The volunteers who ran it were very lovely women who made evryone feel quite special.Felt quite privileged to participate.
  • arpie
    BUGGER!  That would have  been very frightening, as well as sore & sorry!  :(   I hope you recover well from your fall!! 

Metal sticking out of the ground?   A council fault, do you think?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I was running a gig a week ago at a major hotel and tripped over a lead fastened to the floor with brown packaging tape the same colour as the tiles! Nothing to do with our event. Had to explained the notion of hazard tape. Seemed fine at the time but later swelled alarmingly and I could not walk. I am secretly rather pleased, given the problems with AIs, that a lot of bruising is all I have. But lodged incident reports left and right.
  • Romla
    I was very lucky as am osteoporotic and feared I might have broken something.Am back at the venue Thursday and will be suggesting hazard tape/ equivalent - was by myself and hurrying to another appointment.Was a local hospital car park exit and should have reported it then but tbh bit shook up and either long walk back in or shorter walk to car. My daily walking has been adjourned for a couple of days.I am ok just battered head to toe. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    We've both been lucky! I went to the gym, cautiously, for the first time today. Hope you are fully recovered soon. 
  • arpie
    I feel for both of you  :(   A fall is one of the most common incidents that can lead to permanent disability or death  :(

Sounds like the Hazard tape should be used in MOST 'tape' situations!  :(  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @romla - That's awful!  Do report it as it's just not acceptable at a hospital.  I hope you are healing well.