Day 2

Options
Chelley59
Chelley59 Member Posts: 55
edited October 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Well..day 2 post wide excision and sentinal node removal for extensive DCIS...next step is appt tues to find out pathology of the nodes...feeling pretty good actually...tramadol for pain and breast and nipple all intact.
Tagged:

Comments

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    God to hear your doing well, fingers crossed for good pathology 
    Thinking of you x
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    One step at a time @Chelley59,  and that step is taken. Good luck Mxx
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Happy to hear you are feeling pretty good. The pain meds are amazing.

Best wishes for pathology results.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    That's good to hear @Chelley59.  One thing ticked off the list.  Fingers and toes crossed for your path results.
    xoxox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    How are you feeling today @Chelley59? Keep yourself nice and distracted over the weekend. K xox
  • Chelley59
    Options
    Thankyou for asking kmakm..im feeling pretty good...they have cancelled my appt for tues to see the breast surgeon. My breast nurse says they dont have results yet and he would prefer i see him after the next MDT meeting which is frid morning....im hoping this is not bad news....my mind is starting to wander a little...but im getting good at reigning it back in.....what is your story kmakm? X
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

• Chelley59
    Options
    Thankyou jennyss...its now day 4...slept really well..can lay on my side...didnt take any pain relief...just that dreaded wait for results friday.
  • kmakm
    Options
    It's easy to say but try not to let your mind run ahead. Stay focussed on today, be present in each moment. One day at a time is a well worn cliché here but it can really help!

MDTs are considered the gold standard of cancer treatment so be comforted by the fact that your case will be discussed at one. It's not necessarily bad. You may be on the cusp of having or not having a course of treatment, eg chemo.

Click on my name to read my bio @Chelley59. Right now my story is I'm finding survivorship rather hard, and at the very minute I'm procrastinating getting out of bed and beginning another long day of wrangling four kids on my own as my husband is in Sydney for work... Lots of driving, catering, laundry and telling kids not to fight, get off the computer, do you homework & music practice. And then having to listen to all the reasons why they 'can't'...! K xox
  • Chelley59
    Options
    I found your story....im amazed at what you are dealing with....i am fortunate to have dcis I truly feel for you ....but that isnt really helpful to you...so like i say ....we are women hear us roar! Onwards we go...deal with each day as it comes ...thankyou xxx
  • kmakm
    Options
    Warrior women @Chelley59! K xox