Not purely BC related, but is anyone else in a financial slump caused through having bc?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 79
edited October 2018 in Day to day
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wren71
    wren71 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    We shop at farmers markets for fruit and veg and keep to the ‘outside’ of supermarkets. Better healthy food wise and not tempted to buy treats/unnecessary foods. Stick to free outings or nature outings and specials. Rarely eat out unless a coupon/special. 
    When go out, take own drink bottles and food where possible. 
    Think 3 times before making any purchases. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    It's very hard. Living on punitive government payments can be demoralising and stressful. Particularly when you have no choice. 
    Op shopping can be a nice little retail buzz, visiting several stores then finding a stylishs jacket for $4 can take up a whole day.
    I hate not being able to go out for a meal with my friends or turning up to lunch making excuses about not being hungry and just offering a coffee.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    @Joannie it's a year next week since we went on our Otis holiday, such a wonderful time we had! The price of petrol is very challenging at the moment so I have been limiting my op shop visits :) I also joined simplesavings.com.au years ago when I was a stay at home mum. they have great tips in their free newsletter, and if you join($21 but sometimes they do a $15 deal) you get access to their vault of information.Worth a look.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options