Plan C Conference 11 August 2018 Summary

Options
Giovanna_BCNA
Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
edited December 2018 in Community news and events
Hello everyone,

Its been a long time coming and I do sincerely apologise for the delay in posting this summary. 
Please find attached the summary from the Plan C Conference held on Saturday 11 August 2018 at the Glasshouse in Melbourne.  If you have any questions or concerns, please dont hesitate to call our helpline on 1800 500 258 to speak with a cancer nurse.

kind regards
Giovanna

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Silba
    Silba Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Thank you for posting the Plan C conference details.

I do agree that more community awareness of Metastatic Breast cancer is a must , I'm currently still going through treatment and all I hear from my co workers when I visit, ( off work last 6 mths) is "how well I look ." 

No hair , no eyebrows and 2 lonely eyelashes left , but still alive  and not at death doors like they think I should be ,which is the view of the average  person , that" Metastatic "means  a few months or a couple of years  to live and not that it can be years of living with uncertainty and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Thanks Giovanna for the summary notes. Hi @Silba -totally agree that people really don't get met bc. Don't  they actually really have any imagination that cancer is internal! Hope you and your lonely but much loved  2 eyelashes continue to travel well. All the best 😎