Some good doctors visits

Options
Sarnicad
Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
I’m very pleased to have had a couple of good doctors visits over the last week.

its amazing how much of a difference it has made to my attitude - you know that positive one we are supposed to foster!

so the first was the standard onc visit last week when I got my whale stamp for good blood results I felt like a 3 yo at the gp getting a good behaviour stamp but it has made me smile all week

today was a review appointment  with my breast surgeon who was estactic with my healing and all the news from my onc as well. 

Just feeling like I’ve got this bus heading in the right direction atm

Comments

• steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Great news @Sarnicad It is so encouraging to feel you are making headway in a positive direction.  Hugs
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    It's lovely when that happens; a whale stamp and the acknowledgement that you are actually a human being! Winner!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sarnicad it’s so good when we have good medical professionals who treat us as individuals. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    AWESOME @Sarnicad  - all the best for our ongoing treatment!  :) 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Oooh I want a whale stamp - I've been good, too!  Great to hear good news @Sarnicad
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Sister
    Ha in another life when I was teaching, if you were a good little girl or boy in my class  you got an elephant stamp on your hand. Oh the power of a stamp pad and an elephant stamp. Oh God I loved those days! What fun!

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I want a whale stamp AND a jelly snake... I'm greedy!
  • Annie C
    Options
    @kmakm
    Snakes, lolly or otherwise, are banned  in WA classrooms or at least frowned upon. No fun anymore in little  bribes! God when I think of all the 40+ somethings who survived my classrooms, I am sure that my dealing out bribes and lollies are the least of the problems that may or may not now exist in their lives. Anyway it was me who ate more from the huge lolly jar on the teacher's table. See the experts are right. All that sugar! NOT!

• kmakm
    Options
    I'm a sucker for a jelly snake @AnnieC. They have 25% less sugar ones now. I tried them, not bad!
  • Annie C
    Options
    @kmakm
    Jelly snakes are our "go to Broome" road snack. Problem is one packet only lasts 30 kms so we need 7 packets of them!  He he he!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annie C I always take a packet to India with me. You'd be surprised how welcome our groups find them on long drives on crazy roads!
  • Sister
    Options
    We always have them in the car for long trips - Natural Confectionery Co., of course!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister Yes, that's my brand. So yum!
  • Sister
    Options
    I kid myself that they're better for us!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister Ha! Have you tried the lower sugar ones?