ABC Global Alliance Executive Committee Webinar

Options
Giovanna_BCNA
Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
edited September 2018 in Community news and events

Hello everyone,

Following a meeting of the Advanced Breast Cancer (ABC) Alliance Executive Committee, we have been asked to distribute this webinar link for some consumer feedback.  I have only had one reply so far and was hoping that some other members of our online community would be able to review this webinar and provide some quick comments.

The webinar is a summary of latest research updates from the ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) conference and is pitched at consumers.  The committee are keen to hear feedback regarding the content and whether it is too scientific.

Webinar available to view here http://www.abcglobalalliance.org/news-and-events-2/past-events/

We are keen to get your feedback if possible by this Wednesday 12 September. Thanking you in advance for assisting with this review.

Webinar is June 18 2018 and is just over 1 hour and features the following speakers

Expert: Prof Hope Rugo, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco USA

Discussant: Dr Fatima Cardoso, Champalimaud Clinic Center, Lisbon, Portugal

Comments

• brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Giovanna 
    Similar comment to the previous person
    Content
    As a met bc patient with a education science research background the content summarised and reinforced the latest info that was of interest to me ....i was not out if my depth 
    Presentation method style
    Was a bit lengthy more of a uni lecture..not attention grabbing
    Voice of presenter ..... was a bit ponderous perhaps  due to the room and method used to record voice
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Options
    Hello @brightspace
    Thank you for your feedback very much appreciated.
    cheers Giovanna
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I've been working my way through it. I'ts lengthy and a bit laboured so I've been listening in short sessions. The language is appropriate for a scientific presentation but I'm wondering who the target audience is. If it's aimed at consumers, a link to some sort of thesaurus might be handy. 
    Some topic bookmarks would be useful as an attchment--an index with time indicators to make it easier to resume listening or go back and recap. I'd like a list of the drugs being discussed and an indication of when --the bookmark thing again. Marg
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Further to that, a list of topics discussed in the slides. 
    Have a pleasant day, evening or night. The conference facilitators voice I'd weird. Not that it matters, but that phrase is going to be stuck in my head like a bad song brain worm :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Giovanna_BCNA To be honest, much as I was interested, I was so bemused by the sheer number of names of drugs, etc being spoken about that I completely lost the thread very early on - so much so that I didn't continue.  I am an educated (although not in the Science field), reasonably intelligent person with an interest in the subject and it completely lost me.  I did try to follow with the slides but they were also rather dense and difficult to tie in with the presentation.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Options
    Thanks so much @brightspace @Zoffiel and @Sister for reviewing the webinar.   Your comments will be fed back to the Advanced Breast Cancer (ABC) Alliance Executive Committee meeting tonight.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to the request.  Hope your are all enjoying this beautiful spring day today!