Look good feel better workshops

Options
Sarnicad
Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
edited September 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Has anyone done one of these?  I’m contemplating going to one and want to know if you got any benefit from it and if so what? My worry is Im due back at work soon and I just don’t want to look like crap every day. Most of my clients know I’ve been on long term sick leave and a few even know exactly what for.  

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Do it. They're quite fun, though that can depend on the group, and you go home with some fabulous freebies. I'm not a big make up gal so I picked up some good tips. I found it to be a pleasant interlude amidst the chemo. K xox
  • duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    I loved it and picked up some great tips for when I had no eyebrows or eyelashes.   Freebies were top brands.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm glad that I did it as it felt like I was doing something positive rather than being pulled and pushed around to various treatments.  I can't say that I learned anything new but I got a heap of new high-end makeup (all good but confirmed my long held belief that there's no need to spend $30+ on a lipstick!).  It was also my first experience with wigs and head coverings as I still had my hair at that stage.  It's only a couple of hours so I would suggest everyone goes to one.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Sounds like fun - where do you find out about them in South Australia please ?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited September 2018
    Options

https://lgfb.org.au/workshop/

You should be able to do a search for SA from this link!
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Go for the freebies if nothing else! I also got some good eye makeup tips and it was good to meet other ladies with BC.