Our lovely Katie girl hits the headlines !!!

Options
tigerbeth
tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
Todays Herald Sun has dedicated several pages to the story of @kmakm
if you didn't already know the punishing tale of her recent years , reach for the tissues !
As she continually finds it within herself  to help & advise others down this shitty BC track she underplays her strength & tenacity I feel. 
You are a wonderful role model for your kids , family & friends & I hope your new normal is found to be happy , fulfilling & a bloody smooth ride .
Happy to call you my friend xx :*<3

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Way to go @kmakm.  Not sure I can access Herald Sun but will try.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Read it! Well done, Kate!
  • Janny54
    Janny54 Member Posts: 89
    Options

Just read it on line @Sister. Well done @kmakm.

Have a good weekend peeps.

xxx

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    This is the link  hope it works !!                                                                           https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/kate-murrays-fight-for-life-this-is-the-face-of-breast-cancer-survival/news-story/36306b257c3c3c0ad12d7846829c97ac#_=_

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Good on you @kmakm, yours is an extraordinary story of resilience and no doubt resonates with many of us here. Enjoy the Field of Women this weekend. I will be with you all in spirit xx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm Just read your story online. Superb !!!! You're a star. xx
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Brilliant read - so well articulated regarding the changes to how you see yourself
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Options
    @kmakm - what a wonderful article, Kate!  You have put into words how we all feel, before, during and after treatment, and every woman reading it will be touched emotionally - and hopefully go straight for a mammogram and ultrasound!  Well done! xx

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    Link works, thanks @tigerbeth,cudos @kmakm
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Well done beautiful lady. Legendary.  xoxoxoxo
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Fabulous article Kate , well done ! xxxx 
    I had tears in my eyes when I read the bit about the BCNA forum , without this forum I think I would have had a much more difficult, different and lonely time travelling through my own breast cancer treatment and beyond. xxx 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    I seriously don't know how I would have coped without this forum.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's huge to put yourself out there for everyone to read your story, warts and all!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Wonderful article.
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Thank you for the link @tigerbeth as I never buy a paper.  Congratulations on the write-up, @kmakm - you are an amazing lady. It is one thing to share your story here but quite another to go so public. Best wishes. Anne