CBD Oil with THC

Mellyb
Mellyb Member Posts: 36
Hi all

Is anyone using CBD Oil with THC? 

If so, what dosage and strength are you on and what have you found that it has helped you with?

Thanks xx

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I used a pirate variety during chemo which helped with sleep and nausea. Unfortunately that info is no help to you as there was no way of knowing what the chemical properties were. My onc was ok with it in a noncommittal sort of way. I took it at night before bed and stopped when chemo was over. I dislike being stoned and find it makes me anxious but there is no doubt it helped with the sleep and I had zero nausea when taking it. Mind you, I had zero nausea from chemo during BC V1 either so maybe there was no correlation.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited August 2018
    I don't know how much THC is left as it gets heated to remove that bit. Mine is in coconut oil base. You only really want the CBD part anyway. 3ml or so once a day for me as I am very med sensitive. It helps with my chemo brain, my ptsd and depression. Body wise it helps with my bone and muscle aches. It helps my stomach cope with doctors pills too. It is not addictive.
  • Mellyb
    Thanks @Brenda5 and @Zoffiel I have here medicinal grade prescribed from a doctor, it has less than 2% THC. I'm told there should be no 'stoned' feelings from such an amount. But it should help with nausea and appetite. 

Did you start the 3ml a day straight away or slowly titrate to that?

I know it works a treat on epilepsy and know a few people that have their kids on it for chronic epilepsy! Curious how it may help in this setting. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Mine, like Brenda's, was a 'hand knitted' version--a pot and coconut oil infusion. It most certainly contained THC, it was an old recipe i used to make dope cookies in my youth. Ironic that the thing I chased in those days, the high, was the thing that really put me off last year.

My understanding of the medicinal grades is that overdose is virtually impossible. The prescribing physician would have given you product description with side effects listed.  Like all drugs with soporific properties there could be issues with it suppressing breathing etc. I really don't know what sort of doses would raise those sort of risks, which is the catch with back yard concoctions. There is no way of knowing how strong they are until you take them. The condition of your mum's liver could be a problem, but I'd be talking to a few doctors about that rather than accepting the first opinion. This is pretty new territory.

If your mum gets some comfort from it, if it agrees with her, that is fantastic. It shits me that heroine is so tainted by association with crime that it is no longer readily available as a palliative drug. Those that tolerate it find it a fantastic form of pain relief that, in appropriate doses, doesn't affect functionality like some other drugs. Good luck. Mxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @zoffiel I never thought we'd see the day when cannabis was approved for use for medicinal purposes so maybe there's hope for heroine one day.  Mind you, seeing how they've gone with codeine doesn't hold a lot of hope.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited August 2018
    Yours definitely sounds like it had the THC element in it, @Zoffiel !!  Keep in mind tho - the stuff that was around back in the 60s/70s was NOWHERE NEAR as strong as what is around now - that 'high' element back then, was actually quite 'low' - and nowhere NEAR as addictive as today's modern stuff is!  The 'current stuff' is also quite mind altering as well - with people going quite schizophrenic on it - and VERY addictive.  The current stuff has been manipulated & genetically modified over the last few decades to give a much bigger high (in the drug sense) so your current 'hillbilly mix' would have been MUCH stronger than what you may have tried back in the old days - hence you not really liking the feeling!

My sister has some (I think it was attained legally thru prescription) and I tried it for one night when she was down at Easter - and it did nothing for me.  (Similar to the one time I tried it back in the 70s!)

Personally I think it is criminal that Medicinal Cannabis Oil is not available 'easily' to those who need it.  

@Mellyb - I hope that you will be able to access some (probably without the THC as it isn't needed for the pain/sleep control) & that it helps your Mum

• Mellyb
    edited August 2018
    Thanks ladies, I definitely wouldn't be making my own at home in the backyard lol
  • Mellyb
    Thanks ladies, I definitely wouldn't be making my own at home in the backyard lol

The product we have been purchased has five products in the range and the THC ratio increases with each one. We have the lowest THC content of less than 2%. Although we have an information sheet, as this is new territory even the doctors aren't sure of optimal amounts for each person. So they start you on 1ml per day and you gradually increase until the desired results are achieved. It's a bit of trial and error, like everything in this game!

We are seeking it more for nausea and appetite as with the live failure this is really the main issue. Pain isn't really an issue and is controlled well through other means.

Thanks to everyone who contributed. I wish you all the best. I'm bowing out of these boards now, and we are off to the beach for some sunshineTake care 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    My sister enjoyed some special brownies regularly in the last few months of her life. They seemed to really help her.