Water water

Options
Trikki2
Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
edited July 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Hey guys,
How much water do you guys drink a day? Im trying to do 2litres a day. Water is driving me crazy. I know after a round of fec-d i need to drink even more. 
Tia

Comments

• Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi my Dietican advice me to drink a minimum 2 litres a day
    Stork
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I have always been a thirsty person so I have no trouble knocking back two litres a day. Letrozole has dried me up something shocking so I I'm now drinking even more. After each chemo I went hell for leather with the water for about three days, trying to do three litres. It was summer but even for me it was a challenge! Just do your best. K xox
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    In cold weather I like my water hot with a teabag in it and have been drinking 6-8 mugs daily.Have just started including some Twinings herbal flavours for a change  - I really like the lemon&ginger as is very warming.
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Maybe i will like that. Its something new to try xxx
  • Romla
    Options
    I also bought spearmint &camomile , spearmin&peppermint and an apple one  all of which I like just a change from white tea and was on special.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    After active treatment, I am a believer in the "we are slightly overdoing it" theory with water. Tea and coffee do add to your intake, the diuretic effect is pretty weak. Skim milk counts too, as do broths and fruit. Drink when you are thirsty/sweaty, drink when it's hot. Melbourne has great tap water, so don't add to the plastic waste and buy bottled water, refill an existing bottle for free. I'm just not sure one needs a water bottle in hand on a 15 minute tram ride. 
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Haha love your thoughts. See i thought all sorts of liquid counts. Think my brain is overthinking at the moment. Im in newy and the water is good in my 1lt Tupperware water bottle lol. 
    Xxx Trikki2 
  • Romla
    Options
    Was going to say exactly that @Afraser as I remember being not allowed to donate blood as had not drunk enough water only tea yet read relatively recently that it’s now 2 litres of fluid and tea/coffee etc counts 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I used to be accused of not drinking enough water when my veins were getting jack of being punctured. Didn't make a scrap of difference if I gulped down litres or not. I know lots of people believe in flushing out chemo. Fair enough. But I wanted it to hang around long enough to be effective too. I think there is a difference between insufficient hydration and overworking the bladder. But.....you have to drink a ridiculous amount of water before it will actually do harm. So follow your inclination. 
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Thanks @Afraser, i think im doing ok then. I dont feel dry lol
    Xx Trikki2 
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Actually @AFraser the AI has me so dry mouthed that for the first time I have a water bottle with me wherever I go. The correct term is mucosal dryness. But I'll understand if people mutter water wanker!  ;)
  • Trikki2
    Options
    Thanks @Afraser, i think im doing ok then. I dont feel dry lol
    Xx Trikki2 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Water wanker!!! Love it!!!  I can't get over this seeming need that people have to be always clutching a bottle of water - like a security blanket.  I promise I won't call you that @kmakm (well, maybe as a giggle)
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I am a big water drinker but couldn’t drink it round chemo - tasted horrible - like metal 
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That's OK @Sister, I forgive you *tosses non-existent mane of hair and stalks off*

On a serious note I hope when you are on an AI I hope you don't have the dryness. It's uncomfortable. K xox