Thanks BEACON

Beryl C.
Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
edited July 2018 in Health and wellbeing
I'm into my seventh year since diagnosis of HER2+stage 4 in left breast. Dec.2011 I had a masectomy and since then have been on Herceptin and Arimidex. Last week I had a biopsy near the scar and results show that there has been a recurrence, small and very slow growing, in the original location. I will commence radiation therapy in a week or two.
Of course this is not welcome news however the upside is 'this is treatable'. Yesterday afternoon,feeling tired and a bit overwhelmed I gathered all my 'Beacons', snuggled up under the doona, and read them from cover to cover. I felt as though I was with friends and could feel myself relaxing, it was so very reassuring to read of the research being done and other personal stories. I felt part of a caring, diligent, and practical community. I felt stronger. Thankyou to the Beacon and BCNA community. xBeryl C.
Tagged:

Comments

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Oh, that would have been a shock for you. Sorry to hear that. We are lucky we have each other here to talk to and voice our fears and worries. Wishing the best as you start your treatment. You take care. Hugs. Xxxx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    Gosh @Beryl C. ... that's a tough call ... so glad it is caught early.  All the best with the rads xxx  we'll be thinking of you xxx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Beryl C. so sorry to hear the cancer has come back near the scar.  Must have come as a shock after all this time.  You must be feeling relieved that it is slow growing and treatable.  If you need any information, support or would like to speak with a cancer nurse dont hesitate to call our helpline on 1800 500 258.  Wishing you all the best in your upcoming treatment.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    That would have been such a shock @Beryl C.  Hope you're managing okay.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    oh so sorry to hear that Beryl C  
    this is a very supportive community where we all share and uphold each other through the various stages of BC ... 

Hugs 
    Soldiercrab

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    We're here for you @Beryl C. Hugz <3
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What a beautiful post Beryl. I hope your treatment goes well. K xox