Art Through BC Glasses

Options
kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
edited July 2018 in Day to day
I went to the MoMa exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria yesterday. It was excellent, and really enjoyable. I realised as I was going round it how this BC life experience had added a new interpretive filter to my art viewing experience.

For example in the foyer was a big fan, whirring and swinging in the air ('Ventilation', Olafur Eliasson). It "invites spacial interaction" choreographing a "social experience". Well I saw a metaphor for the mood swings and random hot flushes of menopause...

Frida Kahlo's self-portrait after her divorce with Diego Rivera? The big cut before chemo!

Pop art lighting? PILLS!

And finally this one ('Living: some days you wake up and immediately...', Jenny Holzer), very identifiable to those of us with anxiety:

Is there art that you look at differently now that you've had breast cancer?

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,580
    Options
    hahaha - I think any of us attending the same exhibition would probably have drawn the same @kmakm

So glad you enjoyed the experience!  :)   
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Thanks @kmakm, Great photos . I laughed, rolled my eyes and thought wow! I will look up the NBV online and see if I can see some more.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Took a shot of this painting at the Art Gallery of NSW last week for @AllyJay and all you clever knitterers out there!

'The socker knitter', 1915, Grace Cossington Smith
  • kmakm
    Options
    Sock knitter!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Fun idea! Maybe we could meet there @Harvey1903?