Some happy positive stuff!

Options
lgray3911
lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
edited July 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Hi All,
So I have been reading a few posts where people seem to be in a bit of a slump so here’s a happy story. I finished all treatment (double mastectomy, axillary node clearance, 6mths chemo and 6weeks radiation plus herceptin) so have been on this shit roller coaster for 17 months now. I had my last herceptin on Tuesday 19th of June, flew home to Ireland with my 2 young boys on the 22nd. I have had nearly 3 weeks of glorious sunshine topped off with spending time with family and friends and reconnecting with my roots. I feel like I have come full circle and am so ready to head back to Oz at the weekend and throw myself back into life. To mark how I’m feeling I got a tattoo! I choose a dream catcher because it protects me from any more bad things! The circle represents the fact that I have come full circle and am done with treatment, the design in the middle is one of my fanourite henna tattoo designs I had on my head when I was bald, the 3 feathers represent my husband and 2 sons and the breast cancer ribbon to mark my journey. I LOVE it!! Am so ready to leave this shit behind and start reclaiming my life! For those who are having a hard time and are feeling down just remember we have all been there but it does end and then the great days happen like my last 3 weeks. Stay strong! Oh and lose your shit if you need to xxx
Tagged:

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options

@lgray3911 - Awesome - such an uplifting story!! xo

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Nice tatt .  :)
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Lovely good luck to you xx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Fabulous ! Enjoy the rest of your trip back home to family and friends. Then welcome back to Oz . Best of wishes xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Fantastic post @lgray3911! Travel safe. K xox
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    @lgray3911 - your tattoo is awesome! Well done on coming through it all and all the very best for the future! xxx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,577
    Options
    AWESOME TAT!!   Well done @lgray3911

Your trip sounds AMAZING too!  There you are, Stewing in the heat whilst we are shivering in the cold!  ;)  Enjoy the rest of the trip!

All the best for you & the family xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    So good to hear!