kisqali/ribociclib is on PBS! Just on News

arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,523
edited June 2018 in General discussion
Hi guys

I've just heard that  kisqali is now on the PBS - so from  many Thousands of dollars a year - to about $6 a session! 

Bloody Telegraph won't let me look at the article!  Here is the google 'synopsis'

8 hours ago - A drug that elongates life in breast cancer patients listed on PBS today - but ... breast cancer, will get access to the drug kisqali through the PBS.

Mind you - the PBS site indicates it has been since last year!! 
http://www.pbs.gov.au/info/industry/listing/elements/pbac-meetings/psd/2017-11/ribociclib-psd-november-2017

FANTASTIC NEWS (on Sunrise this morning) for those who are on it!

Tagged:

Comments

• Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    It is great news, I was on the access program luckily, but glad to be able to rest easy that I can get it for the $6 and not have to worry that they would stop the program.
  • Leapfrog
    Leapfrog Member Posts: 13
    Hi, I haven't been on here for ages, not since Ribociclib was accepted on the PBS but Pfizer and the Government were still in negotiation over the price Pfizer wanted for Palbo.  Can anyone tell me whether there's any news on this please?  I'm on a Palbociclib/Letrozole trial and, after 22 cycles, it's starting to be hard work driving to the hospital i attend, which is some distance and keeping up the trial protocol's requirements for scans.  I haven't seen anything about it in the media.  I'm not sure I'm on the right thread but after scanning all the pages, this seemed the most likely to fit into my query.
  • Kattykit
    Hi, because it's not on the PBS, you have to pay for the first 8 boxes, around $40,000 then it's free for as long as it keeps working, there is still the compassionate access program running I think as far as I can ascertain.
  • MeganM
    MeganM Member Posts: 60
    I’m on this program but pay $38 per script for the Kisqali which is monthly and $38 for the Letrozole or Femara every 2 months ...I suspect the $6 fee is for any one who has a health care card
  • Kattykit
    @MeganM I was answering Leapfrog's query about Palbociclib, I am also on Ribociclib and Letrozole and pay $6 as I'm on a disability pension.
  • MeganM
    MeganM Member Posts: 60
    Kattykit thanks for your feedback