6 Months On

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
It just occurred to me this morning, musing on it being the first day of Winter, that it is 6 months to the day that I got on this rollercoaster.  This time 6 months ago, I was rushing around at work, getting things done, so that I could leave early for the recall appointment at Breastscreen that was going to totally turn my life upside down.  I had no idea...

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Yep, me too. This time six months ago I was waiting for my biopsy results (phantom boob twinge at the memory of that painful procedure...). Diagnosis, exactly six months on this coming Monday. I've been doing a great deal of reflection in the last week. Pause for thought, mostly about how f****d it's been. I've managed to make some lemonade, but if given the choice, I know what it would be.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I’m probably about the same - had made an appointment to have the lumpectomy to remove the lump that was “nothing to worry about”  :(
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    @Sister .... 5 months almost to the day for me since diagnosis, 7 since the lumps first ‘found’ ..... am I seeing a little ‘cluster’ forming here?

Yep, a real roller coaster ride, for sure,   Both physically and emotionally ........ 

the good old news is my SIL’s sister’s scare ... was only cysts, so she dodged the bullet.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @arpie Excellent news
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    It is one year today I was at Breast Screen Clinic I was there all day
    having several tests done, on the following Tuesday I was diagnosed with B/C my way of coping was to eat chocolate and I have put on 20 Kilos.
    Next week I see the Surgeon for my 1st  anniversary I am quietly confident I am in the clear but it is up to Gods and or fate,
    fingers crossrd.