Overdid it

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
I feel like I've been hit by a steamroller.  Second taxol was on Thursday and I haven't been feeling tooooo unwell so wanted to tick a few things off at the shops this morning.  I took all 3 kids to get haircuts, trawled around the shops mainly to get my son to try stuff on (he's outgrown boys but skinny for mens and starting to pay attention to style).  Then had to get some stuff for Mother's Day lunch at in-laws tomorrow.  I've been home had lunch and had a nap but I can't believe how wiped out I am.  F*&k cancer!

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Rest easy @Sister. You'll learn your Taxol rhythms I'm sure. Pace yourself! But yeah, f**k cancer.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @Sister So sorry to read your post & to hear you have had a sucky day!! You have been through so much my dear friend, mentally, physically & emotionally & it sounds like you have bitten off a bit too much today. I guess we all seem to think we are a little invincible so when our bodies fail us, we take it hard. With Mothers Day tomorrow, you need to be the one being pampered so make sure especially tomorrow, you get spoilt rotten by your kids & husband as you deserve to be. take care & try not to let this little set back worry you. I haven't been through chemo so can't imagine how hard it is but it is encouraging that you did feel well enough to step outside & tackle a big shopping/jobs day.....it was just a little too big for you. Take care & stay strong as you & many others on this forum are a constant source of inspiration & strength to me. I know you will beat this & get through to the other side. Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow. Many hugs & much love xxxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    When I saw this thread "Overdid it" it made me think of an Ad on TV years ago for a brand of beer loaded on a back of a ute and the fellas decide at the last minute they better get something for the ladies, Sherry - the ute breaks it's back and the catchphrase was "I think we overdid it with the Sherry".................yes I am probably showing my age but isn't it funny how a memory can be triggered

Hear you totally about keeping on top of chores and kids growing out of clothes and shoes

Hopefully your pace will be a little more relaxed as you gear up for the balance of treatment

Take care
  • Sister
    Options
    Haven't had a sherry for yonks!  
    I spent yesterday afternoon slumped on my sister-in-law's sofa mostly asleep.  So much for Mother's Day!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sister I think we are all guilty of this - I know I certainly am!!  When we feel good we tend to do everything we can to prepare for then”bad” days but don’t realise as we go along they our poor bodies are still recovering constantly from what they are doing though and aren’t the bodies we started this with. Hopefully they will be, one day, maybe lopsided like mine but hopefully it will be strong and energetic again xoxo. Rest up xoxo
  • kmakm
    Options
    Me either @Sister. A good sherry (not the stuff in flagons my parents drank in the 1970s!) is delicious! Hmm, next time I'm at Dan Murphy's I might get a nice Spanish one. A warming tipple for a winter celebration. Yum!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Haha @kmakm. My mother used to drink the sherry out of the flagon. I remember us going down to fill it up each week. First thing I ever got drunk on and the smell alone makes me dry retch. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel ROFL!!
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @Sister maybe keep away from the sherry right now , hope you're feeling better.  We just try and do that one more thing don't we, I'm a shocker for that also and not sure how I'd cope with children at home. Sometimes when I'm under the chemo monster I remember back to those days of young children and trying to get by when I was very ill.  I remember one incident where I fed them biscuits for dinner when I had gastro ..... after they had recovered from gastro.   I remember sitting on the loo going both ends with a baby and a toddler carrying on in front of me on the toilet floor. My husband was playing cricket at the time.
    hugs my dear. Xxxxx
  • Sister
    Options
    Can't "like" that @Finch - too much empathy.  
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Finch u poor thing - I can do envision it - sounds horrible!!!
  • kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Finch   :o
  • Josephine66
    Josephine66 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    @Sister i feel your pain and aches today. Im halfway through weekly paclitaxel  (12 weeks ) and according to Oncologist im in the minority of patients who don't fair well. Muscle pain and swelling, bone pain plus hot flushes all rolled into chronic fatigue. Ive learnt to do what i can in the mornings as i tend to go downhill fast after lunch. Prioritize what needs to be done, leaving what i can for another day. I think the compound effect of chemo is making it harder each week. So take each day as it comes. Do what you can when you can and when you cant,  just rest. Take care x
  • Sister
    Options
    I'm hoping that I'm moving into the "feeling better" stage today - won't know until later this morning, though!  Last week I got 2 days of okay before having the chemo again.  You're right about the fast downhill slide in the middle of the day - even with naps I just limp on until I fall asleep on the couch at night.  I think the problem is that I never really got over the last AC as far as fatigue went so I'm coming from a very low baseline.  Good luck today @Josephine66