Mothers' Day Classic

Options
Patti J
Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
This will be my 8th year walking in this event at Parramatta. Does anyone else on the forum participate? It is a great day. This year I will be out with my green, teal and pink ribbons. "Don't ignore Stage 4!"

Comments

• smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Pattti j this will be my first time doing it.  I am doing the gawler one in SA I would have done it last year but going through chemo then and not much energy.  Hope you have a great day i think it will be fun
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    3 weeks ago I had thought I'd do the Adelaide one. Last chemo knocked it out of me.  Maybe next year.
  • deh
    deh Member Posts: 79
    Options
    I will be doing the MDC in Port Macquarie this year  - while catching up with BCNA buddies! Walking and talking - great therapy!! I did the event in Melbourne a few years ago - it was magic! Highly recommended  !!
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My (big) kids and I are doing it in, around the tan, in Melbourne. Will be walking it thanks to Letrozole but hope to run it one day ! Just to add too that Best and Less have reduced their Mothers Day Classic active wear range ........of course I already bought mine :)
  • Janny54
    Janny54 Member Posts: 89
    Options

@sister my daughter and her friends are doing the Adelaide one again this year. They did it last year for the first time. Made me very emotional seeing the photos of them. All are Mums of small children themselves and to give up a few hours of there own Mothers Day is lovely of them.

xxx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Last time I walked it was in honour of my sister.  I had a 3 to in a stroller, a 3 month old in a sling and I was pregnant but didn't know.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I don't think I could do The Tan this year but I might next year. See how I feel about it all in 12 months time.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Help please - what is the Tan ? I gather it’s some kind of walk?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation - must be an event here in Adelaide on Mother’s Day too - am a bit out of the loop these days since I retired .xo
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Romla @Joannie It's a beautiful wide path, mostly fine gravel, that goes round the outside of the Botanic Gardens. It's shaded by trees, often separated from traffic by parkland, and takes about 40 minutes to walk at a brisk pace. I know because I walked it twice a week in the run up to my wedding. At work nearby, I had an hour for lunch and could get changed, walk over, round and back, with time to change back. The big question with the Tan is which direction you walk it. Clockwise you have to walk up the steep Anderson Street hill!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • kmakm
    Options
    How funny @Joannie, I worked at Channel 7 in the 90s and it was Coventry St I walked up to get to the Tan! It's been called that for a very long time... must have been a fabulous mushroom!  ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    The Tan track is a beautiful track.............many years ago when me and others here were doing fun runs the Tan Track was quite often part of it