Clexane Carnage.

AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 942
edited March 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Due to a pre existing blood clotting disorder, I was taken off warfarin, which I had been on for more than eighteen years and put onto clexane. This was because I had to have the biopsies, port installed, chemo, then surgery. For this reason, the clexane was deemed a safer anticoagulant. I am now in the process of changing back to the warfarin, but still need to inject the clexane twice daily till my INR is up to the level required for me. After nineteen months of twice daily jabs, this is what my poor tummy looks like. Has anybody else been on extended clexane, and if so, did the big solid lumps (aside from the bruising), subside? Tummy feels like marbles under all that bruising.

Comments

• AllyJay
    Here is the tum.
  • AllyJay
    For some reason, the photo is not coming up...try again.
  • AllyJay

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    This is mine from Zoladex 

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @AllyJay - I poor thing!!  I had 2 of those injections when I was in hospital for my mastectomy and they stung like a son of a b**ch and left bruises. I can’t imagine how u must feel xoxo
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Sorry @AllyJay supposed to be U poor thing, not I poor thing. 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Ouch! Hope it improves quickly @AllyJay. @iserbrown I had my first zoladex just over a week ago but my bruise has nothing on yours!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited March 2018
    OMG @AllyJay, you poor thing! What does your GP say?? Great discussion title btw.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Clexane is bastard stuff. We had a right old time transitioning mum backwards and forwards from clexane to warfarin, then got a rinsing from one of her multiple doctors because she should not have been on clexane for a chronic condition. WTF? As if anyone would choose to have the black jelly bean belly jab every day.  
  • AllyJay
    @Zoffiel...yeah, I was told that the clexane for almost a year and a half was not ideal, but, as you probably know, ones INR goes apeshit with various drugs, and so I  had to get all the chopping and drilling stuff over and done with, as well as the six months of chemo and then the year of herceptin. Then to get stable on the letrozole and all the other crap I have to take, before getting me back onto the warfarin. The bruising will eventually fade, especially  when the jabs finally stop, but it really is the hard lumps that bother me. I so hope they soften and go away as I really have to be a Henrietta Highpants and wear my pants over the sore lower belly....and what a belly. Buddha must be soooo jelly....
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Hi @AllyJay. I was on daily clexane injections for around 5 months in 2016. Yes my tummy looked like yours & I had a few lumps too. The lumps went away after a few months when I stopped the Clexane. Hope yours does too but if you are worried speak to your doctor.  
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @AllyJay, I sympathize. I'm on clexane too but now once daily. Been told I will stay on this Crap. My stomach looks the same plus a whopping zoladex injection too once a month. I have the hard lumps too. With a black and blue stomach and one breast plus lovely mastectomy scar I look a sight lol.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Can't they come up with treatments that don't seem worse than the conditions?  OUch