What's happening in our choosing breast reconstruction group

Options
mum2jj
mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
Hi all and happy new year to everyone,

Just a reminder if you belong to our group that as it's private the posts don't appear in this main feed.  We always have members looking for support so if you haven't been to the group lately please pop over and see if you can offer some words of wisdom.  We have some new members who are after some support.

Have you had implants and radiation?  We have two members seeking support.  One who has already had radiation, and one who needs radiation after surgery with an expander in.  We have a query about when to have reconstruction if you have metastatic breast cancer. We have other members as always seeking support as they make their reconstruction decisions. As always we have generous ladies sharing and updating photo stories which is so helpful to others who come behind us.  It can be such a confsui9ng time so please pop over to the group if you could offer some words of wisdom or just to say hi.

Here is the link if you would like to pop over or would like to join.  If you are new and requesting to join, once you put your request in and leave us a message, myself or one of the other volunteer group leaders should respond and join you up within 24 hours. 

Thankyou to our wonderful group of ladies who give support, share their stories and photos.  You are all so generous and are a huge help to those who come behind you.

Paula @mum2jj
Jane @Jane221
Alex @alexinbrisbane
Chris @Chorsell and 
Louie @LouiseTurner

Tagged:

Comments

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Well said @Summerhill38, thank you to an amazing group of women, we really appreciate everything that you do to support other women who have questions/concerns regarding breast reconstruction.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Paula can people join who are not sure which option they are going to take still ? 
  • mum2jj
    Options
    @SoldierCrab, certainly. Many ladies join to try and gather information whilst trying to make decisions. We keep the group private as there is sharing of very personal photos etc. it is exclusive to the women involved not partners or friends for the same reason. 
    Hope that helps. 
    Paula x
  • mum2jj
    Options
    @Summerhill38  thanks for your kind words. Our group leaders are often working away in the background accepting members and answering messages. A huge part of keeping the group going is ladies like you who participate in the group and help out with supporting our ladies. A big thanks to yourself, @nikkid, @melclarity, @primek, and lately some other awesome help from @Caseypinto and @Cynth6. I am sure I forget people but you are all so great in supporting one another so thanks to you all. 
    Paula xxx
  • mum2jj
    Options
    Thanks @Giovanna_BCNA for your encouragement and support. Xx
  • Caseypinto
    Caseypinto Member Posts: 258
    Options
    And to you, @mum2jj you are awesome! Xx
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Thank you @mum2jj sorry I don’t have much time to get on lately as I’m full force back at work. But I’ll be able to provide support to new ladies whenever possible : )
  • mum2jj
    Options
    @Cynth6, don’t ever apologize for having a life. It’s a positive thing you are back at work. Pop over whenever you get a chance. 
    Paula xx
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Thx @mum2jj - you are wonderful xx
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I can't wait to have reconstruction. I joined the group and have checked out all the photos. I'm dying to post my own, cut by cut. Is it too soon to show my first cut (on the group) as it's just a mastectomy? I have taken so much courage from the women in the reconstruction group and can't wait to join you. (even though my next appointment with the recon surgeon is not until June!)
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Of course @PatsyN - you’re welcome to contribute at any time. The more the merrier. It’s a wonderful group xxx
  • mum2jj
    Options
    You most certainly can @PatsyN. Just make sure you are in the group when you post them if you want them kept private. 
    Paula xx
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Hi @PatsyN, so glad that the group has helped you. We are grateful for any contributions from any time during your reconstruction - from mastectomy right through to whatever is your ending. As Paula said, just make sure you post into the group so that you can make sure the photos remain private. Reconstruction options and details are constantly changing and evolving so it is wonderful to have contributions that are current and will help others at similar points to you on their reconstruction path and for those coming along afterwards. Best wishes, Jane xx