Karyn Speed

Karyn Speed
Karyn Speed Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

The 2011 Summit was the third Summit I have attneded and they get better and better due to the reacquaintence with other surviviors with whom I share my story.  The speakers are always unsurpassed and I come away inspired to continue my efforts to create awareness of the wonderful work of BCNA and the ongoing support we all receive.  I came home to news that my auntie has breast cancer and was pleased to be able to refer her for a My Journey kit.  Due to the information I have gleaned from Summits and Community Liaison training I believe I am able to support her and others on their journey through treatment and survival of breast cnacer.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Sorry to hear about your aunt.  I know that you will be a great assistance to her and her family.  Thanks for the into you gave me at the summit.  It is much more than my GP could give me.  I reserve my comments on my medical oncologist's knowledge of the side effects of Arimidex until I chat with him on 8th September.XLeonie

• JOYFUL
    JOYFUL Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. I know that with your support and help she will get through it. I really appreciated your company on the plane over to the summit.I got home and found out my mum had found a lump also.She's currently getting it investigated. xxx Joy