Results

Options
ShazS
ShazS Member Posts: 131
Hi All, just an update had my appointment yesterday came back I tested positive for HER2 , surgery again yuk! Chemo for four months, will loose my hair , will be taking not sure I have the right pronoun cation herceptron tablet it suppose to target the cancer um has anyone gone down this road if so any advice for the road ahead thanks Shazx

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Lots of us have. You will probably be having taxol chemo weekly for 12 weeks and at same time start the herceptin... either infusion or injection...every 3 weeks for 12 months.  They will go through possible side effects with you. My advise is wait to see how you go and ask away once started. Knowing how it impacted on individuals can make you worry needlessly. Kath x
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi ShazS  sorry to read another surgery for you. This can be such tough stuff delivering the unexpected and uncertainty along with it Thinking of you as you prepare for these next steps    bug hug
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I had no side effects of herceptin at all, if that helps. Wasn't mad on taxol but by the time you get to the 6th dose you are halfway through! Reactions vary wildly and as primek says, you won't really know how you go till you start. I worked throughout, others had a tougher time. If it's any comfort about your hair, it often feels quite alien before it goes. Most of us went for a shaved head or the number 3 clippers before everything got messy. My hair started growing back while I was still on taxol, which was unexpected but good! Good advice to concentrate on what's happening now and not spend too much time anticipating things that may not happen. Cancer treatment takes a fair bit of energy so keep it for the right things - those that support and care for you, looking after your own sense of purpose and strength, and not losing sight of the brighter things of life as you work to get well again. Good luck!
  • ShazS
    ShazS Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind advice and yes I am taking one day at a time take care Shazx