Day 3/10 of IVF Cycle.

Options
Rachey73
Rachey73 Member Posts: 54
edited April 2012 in Health and wellbeing

We have managed to start the ivf cycle. and squeeze in an egg collection before my 2nd surgery on 25th. YAY!!!

It was a big day on Monday.  Woke up with period pains/period at 5am, then had to get ready and in the car to IVF Clinic to start Day 1 Yay! Then had a bone scan appoint at 8.

Rocked up to clinic at 6.45 and there were at least 10 other ladies before me.  Whoa, this is big business. hahahaa  Rang the hospital to see if it was ok to get there a bit late and they were ok with it, luckily!  Managed to get over to hospital by 8.30. 

So, I have been very fragile, from having period and injecting 450IU each morning.....  Poor Tony didn't know what was going on Monday night, I was cranky and sore back and then had a cry when I finally got to bed.  (We had visitors from out of town staying with us for a few days too)

Today is getting better and look forward to Friday when I go back to clinic for a scan to see if next Wednesday is still aok to collect eggs and get a start on the embryo making.  Then the following day, back to hospital for 2nd surgery. :o(

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Rach x

Comments

• Renata
    Renata Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rach,

That is great news that you are able to have an IVF cylce in between surgery. It will give you something positive to focus on and look forward to at the end of your treatment. It is fun to try and manage all those hormones though.Hope you get heaps of good eggs.

Renata xox

• Renata
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rach,

That is great news that you are able to have an IVF cylce in between surgery. It will give you something positive to focus on and look forward to at the end of your treatment. It is fun to try and manage all those hormones though.Hope you get heaps of good eggs.

Renata xox

• Rachey73
    Rachey73 Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Renata.

Went back to Fertility Doc this morning to have internal exam to check on egg progress.  Looks like we only have 1 egg to play with for Wednesday!  It is soooooooooo  heartbreaking and I am very upset about it all.  It's not helping that I am already over emotional......

I have to go back on Monday to let him know what Tony and I have decided.  There are so many factors that need to be looked over.  Are we just wasting everyones time here? Will we be able to make an embryo out of it?  Will it survive the big freeze?  Will it survive in me when I am finally well enough to carry the baby?  The Doc wasn't very optimistic as he was planning on getting 4-5 eggs to give us better odds.  

I will have another internal on Monday, just in case by some miracle there have been some eggs in speedy grow mode over the weekend, ready for Wednesday.

I am feeling so sorry for myself and am trying to figure out what the hell am I suppose to learn from all this.  Did I break a mirror and I don't remember it?   Was I a horrible person in my previous life?  The list goes on!

Hope you are having a good day.

Rach x

• Renata
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rach,

I am sorry to hear that you only had one egg, but that is all it takes. My hat goes off to you because I know how heartbreaking it is when trying to conceive but coping with BC on top of that plus all the hormone mess with your feelings. You are not wasting anyones time that is what the doctors are there for. You have every right to feel sorry for yourself and it is good to do so sometimes as we are only human. If it doesn't work this time concentrate on getting through your treatment and being healthy again for when you do get pregnant. I would love to have another baby and that is what I am focussing on. Hopefully one day in the future we can send each other messages about pregnancy and childbirth instead of BC.

Good luck with your appointment on Monday and I really hope that it works and will keep my fingers crossed that your produce more eggs.

Renata xox