Horse Riders/enthusiasts going through BC

Twiggyjumps
Twiggyjumps Member Posts: 116
Hi thought I'd post this to help heal and motivate those interested in horses that would like to share how they are managing with their lovely steeds and their family. And would like to share their stories and pictures to inspire others that sport and exercise may help especially by participating when possible and taking your mind off things for a moment 
Anne xx

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    My balance is shot and 'Big' can be such an arse I haven't been on him for ages. It's on the 'to do' list.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I would love to go horse riding again but its so expensive to go on a guided trail ride it will have to wait.
  • RubyRumble
    RubyRumble Member Posts: 39
    @Twiggyjumps thanks for the lovely photo.....when I have a shower and got some lippy on I will post a pic of me and my little daschund Bella...she is my constant companion whilst home alone during the day. She definately puts a sparkle in my day.
  • Twiggyjumps
    Love to see her Ruby <3
  • Kazmar
    Kazmar Member Posts: 68
    I am sadly about to have a Mastectomy, of my left breast, reconstruction and Chemo and radiation.
    Surgery is booked for the 12th July.
    I am 53 yrs old and am a competitive Dressage rider.
    I am hoping that l do not lose too much time from riding, although it is winter and l am sure that my horse will enjoy a well earned break.
    I turned down my PS suggestion to reconstruct my breast using my back muscle as l was concerned that it could affect my horse riding, l do not have enough fat for too many options, so am going to go with a tissue expander for now to be replaced by an implant, l am hoping that radiation does not ruin things.
  • Twiggyjumps
    Hi Kazmar, I'm doing neo adjuvant then bilateral mastectomy (one preventive) with diep, as also concerned about my back muscles. Met another rider in her late 50's who had also double mastectomy without a reco. She is Amazing
  • Twiggyjumps
    Aww Brenda good for you. Post some photos. That's so great. You may need to do some stretches and afterwards especially. And try and do some walking if you can to help as you maybe muscle sore over the next day or so.  Big cyberhugs to you - what a woman! well done!!!! Xxx
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Way to go, @Brenda5 you might feel out of practise, but I bet you have a smile all over your face.
    I hope you had a great ride.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Yayyyyyyyyy Brenda!!!! Thats fantastic - enjoy!! Xx
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hey Brenda, I'm really glad you went for that ride on the horse. Did it give you a good feeling to be back on a horse after all that time ?