support groups

Options
pacwood
pacwood Member Posts: 105
edited August 2011 in Day to day

Hi all.

Round one of chemo under my belt and so far Im feeling pretty good. I met with the radiation oncologist today to discuss radio after chemo :(

If my treatment plan goes right I should be treatment free 4 day before christmas!!! YAY!

Im just posting to say how blessed Iam to have met so many wonderful people along this "journey". My local McGrath Breast Care Nurse has many young women in my area she sees. We are about to start our own young women's group at the local womens health centre. Iam so excited to have the opportunity to share the ups and downs with other local women in the same postition as me. As well as having another social commitment to attend ;)

A big thankyou to the McGrath foundation for helping women be informed and making the "journey" a little easier. xoxoxoxo

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

what area are u in? 

by the way bring on Xmas and happy new yr aye? 

:) 

• pacwood
    pacwood Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sam

Im in a little town in Gippsland Victoria. It is a place called Sale and it isn't to bad a place to live!! 

And yes XMAS lunch and sitting on the beach New Years Eve with my family is my goal right now! xoxox

• JennyS
    JennyS Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad to hear chemo went well :) and i'm sure christmas will be here before we know it so won't feel like too long til ur treatment is over.

I love how many wonderful women i have met too, it's amazing the good things that can come out of a not so good situation!!

I hope your support group starts up soon, i'm attending my 1st one on monday and am really looking forward to it :)

Have a great weekend, Jen :)

• JennyS
    JennyS Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad to hear chemo went well :) and i'm sure christmas will be here before we know it so won't feel like too long til ur treatment is over.

I love how many wonderful women i have met too, it's amazing the good things that can come out of a not so good situation!!

I hope your support group starts up soon, i'm attending my 1st one on monday and am really looking forward to it :)

Have a great weekend, Jen :)

• Smiley_30
    Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

thats fantastic news that you will be able to start 2112 with all treatment done!!!

The support groups are such an important part of my life atm, i never thought how good they are. Im very fortunate that i can attend 2 groups. These women are amazing and such an inspiration to me.

Hope u r feeling well

xx

Smiley