Update

Options
Jacqueline
Jacqueline Member Posts: 106
edited July 2011 in Day to day

Hi there, well last chemo over and done just have to get through the side effects and then straight onto the radiotherapy starting 22/8 finishing on the 27/9 just in time for my second grandchild to arrive roughly on the 30/9 so something really terrific to look forward to. Being away from home for 5 1/2 weeks is not going to be easy but guess I have to be grateful that we do not have to go to one of the bigger cities as that is not really the type of places we enjoy and I am hoping to get some good beach walks in and will meet some people in the same situation, it will be harde for my hubby as he is a real farm person so will be well out of his comfort zone but I am sure he will cope if not enjoy it.

I hope everyone else is coping ok. I couldn't stop smiling the last day of the chemo I was on such a high and didn't give the side effects to come a thought nothing could have upset me on Friday, had lovely dinner with family to celebrate another milestone in this journey and soon to start the last part...hooorrrraaayyyyy.

Hope the people that are just starting get some comfort out of the fact that there is an end and you will also have something to celebrate when you get there just keep that in mind it does END.

Cheerio for now,

luv Jacqui xxxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

So glad to hear you are finished with chemo.I think you'll find radiation not near as hard as chemo.It's hard to be away from home for all that time but think of it as a holiday(except for the zaps)There is going to be less cooking,washing and housework right??I used to rub aloe vera gel into my boob straight after a zap.Then I would soak in a warm salt bath at night- my skin never broke down.

Good luck with the next stretch and what a lovely event to look forward to when you are finished.Take care.

luv Tonya

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

So glad to hear you are finished with chemo.I think you'll find radiation not near as hard as chemo.It's hard to be away from home for all that time but think of it as a holiday(except for the zaps)There is going to be less cooking,washing and housework right??I used to rub aloe vera gel into my boob straight after a zap.Then I would soak in a warm salt bath at night- my skin never broke down.

Good luck with the next stretch and what a lovely event to look forward to when you are finished.Take care.

luv Tonya

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline Member Posts: 106
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes I will treat it as a much earned holiday. Won't be able to do the bath as there isn't one in the unit but hopefully will be able to swim in the ocean that should help. I got some Aveeno cream which says for red, cracked skin also had a coooling thingy in it so hopefully that will help.

Thanks for all your kind words and helpful hints Tonya.

Luv Jacqui xxxx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congrats on finishing your chemo jacqui, it's a great feeling isn't it. I hope the side effects are better for you this time. You sure do have a special thing to look forward to after your rads. I started mine last Wednesday & so far it's been ok except i find it a bit hard to keep my right arm up & behind me during the treatment. Enjoy your "rads holiday" & hope the time goes quickly for you.

Loretta xxx