1ST DAY WORK

Options
Smiley_30
Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
edited July 2011 in Day to day

Hello all, Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!!

Yesteday i went into work to do  a shift...Very cruisy, the other chef had done most of the work..It was gr8 to go and do some work. But i keep thinking/feeling that with everything i have gone thru and experienced my work is just not going to be as satisfying as what it was b4 BC....

Has anyone else felt that way etc??

Thankyou

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Smiley and all you other lovely ladies

I went back to work in April and before BC I used to dash around doing everything as quickly as I can being a bit anal too I think! Now I go to work and do a great job but take my time and do you know it all still gets done. I think my focus is now different it's about my life and my husband everything else is secondary.

Would love to go back to 3 days a week which I did in my return to work programme but financially it's been great since I started 4 days a week so will have to dream on............

Don't live to work just work to live..............

Sarah x

• hdubs
    hdubs Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2015
    Options

Same here ladies.

If you'd asked me before BC I would have  told you that I loved my job to bits and didn't mind working the unpaid extra hours, etc, etc.

Now post-BC, that's not true any longer.  Soon after diagnosis, I cut back my hours to just those they were actually paying me for and now work from home one day a week.  I have a fabulous, supportive boss and good work conditions.

I'm still enjoying my job but I've got to make time for other stuff in my life.

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

how r u finding work now smiley???? reply on here or on fb whichever u wish!!! funny chatting on both lol 

Merylee

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

how r u finding work now smiley???? reply on here or on fb whichever u wish!!! funny chatting on both lol 

Merylee

• Pip45
    Pip45 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi

You are so right , I have just started chemo and i already know that i wont return to my previous job.... haven't told them yet , but i don't have it in me anymore to put myself out there like that ( all the stress extra duties blah blah blah). Think my future job needs to be a bit more relaxed   :)