i wish we could do this here!

Options

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    We cannot see tim batsons posts unless we are friends with him.
  • Vivianna
    Vivianna Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Woops sorry its a video of a small hand held vein finder-kind of like an xray without the risks. Think its based on thermal imaging
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi Vivianna. Have  you thought about getting a portacath?
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    http://www.donateblood.com.au/vein-finder - this is the item Vivanna was posting about. Xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Ah ok. I wonder how they figure out the depth of the veins with it as well? I had a couple of nurses try a portable ultrasound machine to find mine but each time they tired to get a cannula into them, the veins would move away which was very frustrating. In the end they went for what they said was a huge vein down deep. They put the needle in up to the hilt and never even got close to it. I suspect they were trying for an artery not a vein lol. In the finish they just used the blood test vein instead which wasn't hard to find even without an ultrasound machine.
  • Vivianna
    Vivianna Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Yeah i had the same experience! Multiple tries, multiple wiggling manoeuvres! I really wish there was something that would make access easier for everyone involved, i have a portacath now but the two times that they could of used it, the hospital didn't have the right access cannulars and the phlebotomist wasn't qualified to use it so more anxiety and more tears. Im hoping that tomorrow they will just gas me under so I won't have to endure more poking.