All happening too fast

Options
Nacho16
Nacho16 Member Posts: 8
Hi all,

i have been reading this forum since I suspected I have BC. Yesterday my surgeon told me I have breast cancer and will require mastectomy. To be honest I don't feel anything I feel fine I just want to get over it and move on with my life. Today I am scheduled to undergo mastectomy on my left breast. I trust in god that everything will go well and all of us will get clear of cancer. 

Thanks for reading 
Christina 

Comments

Share Member Posts: 217
    Options

Christina - I am so sorry for your diagnosis. Welcome to the forum - please feel free to ask questions, vent, laugh, cry etc. I have found it very helpful.

This bc battle can be so difficult to negotiate at times.

There is never a good time for a diagnosis such as this however being so close to the festive season when there seems to be plenty of goodwill and sentiment aplenty, the joys of Christmas simply do not resonate.

I totally understand that you just want to be rid of your cancer - move on from this and get to the next stage of your life and look to 2017.

My very best wishes to you for your surgery today.    

Sending hugs & light to you xxx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Best of luck with your surgery, Christina. Keep feeling fine, it's a great antidote to treatment. It's not the news anyone wants, especially at this time of the year, but many of us are now looking back at our first Christmas after diagnosis from a healthy and normal perspective. Wishing you all the best.
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good luck with it Christina, I hope you recover quickly and have as easy a time with treatment that I did.  :)
  • Nacho16
    Options
    Thank you ladies really appreciate all your best wishes for me. It means a lot.
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi @Nacho16. I'm sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with breast cancer.  We have a  couple of resources that members tell us they find very helpful. One is My Journey Kit and it includes a lot of information and a journal. It's free and you can order it here. The other is My Care Kit which is for women that have recently had breast surgery and includes a lot of information, a DVD, and a post-surgery bra. It is also free and you can order it here.
  • Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    Hi Christina, it's the weirdest feeling to be so well yet find out you have bc. It's almost like your mind and body are at odds with each other. Praying peace for you today as you go through surgery and healing for the days ahead. May God comfort you and hold you near xx
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    I'm happy you're keeping on top of it (rather than the other way around). Don't be afraid to reach out if you need us xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I felt so much better to have the surgery and know it was gone. We are all so different and a little denial about the whole thing can help us get through sometimes. I hope all goes well with surgery and soon you have a treatment plan in place. I hope you have been connected with a breast care nurse, they are often invaluable with their wealth of information. Take care. Kath x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,505
    Options
    Hi Christina! I think that is the toughest part!! feeling absolutely fine, not unwell in any respect. I've had it twice in 4yrs and luckily caught both times, but the same as you, Ive always felt fine, and that really has made it tough getting through the whole thing. I too am facing a Mastectomy of my left breast just waiting on a call in the New Year, and praying this is the last piece for me after 5yrs. Im ready to get back into a life!! Hugs Melinda xo
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hello Christina, sorry to hear your diagnosis but glad for you that everything is moving so quickly. I also had a left mastectomy and remember when I was first diagnosed - all I wanted was to get the cancer out of me. I'm overseas at the moment and 10 hours behind you, so your surgery will be done.  I hope it went well and you are not in too much pain. My Christmas wish for you is for good results and a speedy recovery.  The women on this forum are amazing -remember that we are all here for you, reach out when you need to. Please let us know how you are doing.  Take care, Jane xx
  • Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi christina
    sorry you are here with us I hope your surgery goes well 
    I'm with Kath she made me feel at ease..knowing what your dealing with makes it easier take every day at a time don't think to far ahead..
    my christmas wish is you have good results and a quick recovery xx
  • Nacho16
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I am now at the hospital Waiting for my surgery.. thank you for all your kind words. 
  • FionaJones
    FionaJones Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Love and hugs xxx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Christina, Well you should ha e had your surgery now so am wishing you a speedy recovery, good pathology and a very Merry Christmas. All the best and let us know how you're doing. Xx Cath
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Good luck in your recovery