Forum Discussion
adean
9 years agoMember
You never know what can happen
Hi all haven't posted for a while, I've been trying to manage my pain from my blood cancer and it's not been easy, hubby took me to bali for 2 weeks, just us no friends kids Relatives just us. The best time we ever had, but a week and then bang ! Life changes, in the early hours of Saturday morning my husband had a heart attack what a shock the ambulance blaring, the mica unit following arrive at hospital and it's like the movies, straight into surgery. Now in coronary care and recovering , wow we were drinking cocktails and now we are on the heart monitor you've got to be joking , my turn to look after him you never know what life will dish out but honestly enough is enough.
16 Replies
- TonyaMMemberHi Adean,
So sorry to hear about your hubby. Gosh life is unpredictable. I get that way I'm too scared to wake up in the morning and look in the mirror! Constant health issues knocks your confidence.I'm so glad you had that lovely holiday - cling to the happy memories on the crap days.Take care,sending hugs. Tonya xx - primekMemberSo glad he is home and you can relax and start to move on in from this latest assault to your happiness as a couple.
- melclarityMember@Adean!
I am so sorry, what an ordeal! It never rains it pours and it reminds us every minute of how precious life is that's for sure! thank God he got to hospital asap! speedy recovery! My Dad had a heartattack, triple bypass and valve replacement BUT 3 yrs on, he's 77 and is a PARTY ANIMAL travels the world still and parties OMG. So I am sure he will bounce back better than either of you could have imagined, give it time.
You sound beautiful together, and theres nothing you couldnt get through. Hugs Melinda xo - adeanMemberThanks guys he is home today.man they dònt muck around. god love the nurse as we left she said now remember thats your wife and not your private nurse so dont go home and be a sook. lol
- Liana_annaMemberSo sorry to hear your news... hang in there you will get through this. Big hugs, Liana xx
- rowdyMemberOh Adean so sorry to hear this life just keeps giving you crap. What do they say always try to look for something positive you got him the help he needed straight away. Take care of yourself as well sending you a hug xx
- kayvieMemberSorry to hear this news. Hope hubby makes a speedy recovery and the two of you enjoy many more holidays together xxx
- socodaMemberHi Adean, so sorry to hear about your hubby. But fantastic to hear that he is now recovering after surgery. This could have been building up for many years, but how good that he was able to receive surgery and will now be able to spend so much more time with you having the occasional cocktail and going on more beautiful holidays in the future. Big hugs to both of you (it's so hard watching someone you love going through a scare like this!!) Xx
- NeMemberOh no, that is awful. I hope he recovers quickly Adean. So sorry that you have to be hit so hard with such massive challenges. I often look at my hubby and admire him for what he has been through with my trials and think that it could easily be the other way around and I will have to look after him. Life can be so cruel. I hope the surgery was successful and that he is out of the woods soon. x
- Lizzie13MemberSo so sorry to hear this, bloody universe just throws everything at once sometimes. Xxx