cancer is the pits

Options
FranP
FranP Member Posts: 396
edited July 2011 in Day to day

hey all haven't been on the net for a few days, had our two year old grand son for a visit, boy am i stuffed. was meant to have him longer but been down today. found out last night a friend that was in our cancer support group and returned to england to  be with family during her fight with breast cancer she got 2ndry in her liver then her bones etc she died on monday 57 same age as me.  she had gone through so much so i guess now she is at peace but it isnt fair.

now my eldest sons wife michelle 37 has found a lump in her left breast and they are doing a mamo and ultrasound on friday and pos biopsy she has a history of cancer her mum died of throat cancer 42 yrs age never smoked. her dad has prostate cancer her gran had a womens cancer . her doctor is worried, she is so scared i am trying to support her and reassure her. 

she is terrified having seen what her mum and i went through. 

i have three friend going through 2ndry one two days after the 5yr date , and two after four years.

this cancer business is shit shit shit. 

any way i wont dwell on it . i will get my head back to the now and get on with it. stay well everyone and to Mandy / Sam / Gaylene/ hippyviv hope things are improving

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh dear Fran. What terrible news you have gotten this week. Brought me to tears yes I agree cancer is Shit! Shit! Shit! The first thing I was warned about during this 'journey' was atleast 1 person you meet will pass away due to this disease, but we must learn to deal with it and use the strength to fight for us. My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter in law... She is lucky to have you & I hope it turns out ok. keep us updated! I hope your daughter n law can think positive thru this hard time, & i hope they have found it early,.... At the same time it could b nothing... which we all hope it is.... Hope u stay strong and better days are to follow this week... 

• sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh dear Fran. What terrible news you have gotten this week. Brought me to tears yes I agree cancer is Shit! Shit! Shit! The first thing I was warned about during this 'journey' was atleast 1 person you meet will pass away due to this disease, but we must learn to deal with it and use the strength to fight for us. My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter in law... She is lucky to have you & I hope it turns out ok. keep us updated! I hope your daughter n law can think positive thru this hard time, & i hope they have found it early,.... At the same time it could b nothing... which we all hope it is.... Hope u stay strong and better days are to follow this week... 

• sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

This cancer business is rampant -what's going on?More and more young women are being diagnosed.I'm similar in age to you Fran and I feel fortunate that I got to see my kids turn into young women who have great jobs and look after themselves.If I had gotten this rotten cancer when they were little I don't know how I would have coped. Sorry to hear about your friends with secondaries and your daughter in law.I hope she is spared from a cancer diagnosis. It seems once you have had cancer you just have to live with it's threat no matter how positive you try to be.Thinking of you Fran.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.  We will all pray for a good result for your d-in-l.  I want it to stop but unfortunately it just keeps happening.  I lost my dear long-time friend to bc six months after my husband and I were married nearly four years ago.  I think of her everyday.  We have also lost 3 of our dragonboat ladies and our club is not 4 years old yet.  BC is real b....... but we must continue on as best we can.  I am feeling so well so I am thoroughly enjoying life while I can.  Take care Fran - do something that you enjoy XLeonie

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks all i am okay today, was just a real pain . we all thought Jackie was dfoing okay as she was so positive then the cancer just took hold, at least she is at peace now. 

michelle my d in law goes on friday for her mamo and ultra so fingers crossed. gee they got her in quick  dont know if thats a good or bad sign???

today i am having a bugger all day as i call it. a me day. doing nothing.

i guess it is normal for us all to get down when friends die , it just brings it all back but yep leonie i get out there and grab life with both hands and dont let go . i do things now i never thought i could. 

all stay well take care Fran

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks all i am okay today, was just a real pain . we all thought Jackie was dfoing okay as she was so positive then the cancer just took hold, at least she is at peace now. 

michelle my d in law goes on friday for her mamo and ultra so fingers crossed. gee they got her in quick  dont know if thats a good or bad sign???

today i am having a bugger all day as i call it. a me day. doing nothing.

i guess it is normal for us all to get down when friends die , it just brings it all back but yep leonie i get out there and grab life with both hands and dont let go . i do things now i never thought i could. 

all stay well take care Fran

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've come down with the flu so I'm having one of those days too Fran.It doesn't hurt to wallow in it for a few days.I'm using this time for paperwork and reading and contemplating.Glad you are feeling well again Leonie.I hope you had a nice time away. Grab life by the horns tomorrow Fran!!

Tonya xx

• hippyviv
    hippyviv Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran. I was very sad to hear your news. I hope your dinl is ok and I know how you must be feeling. I lost a very close friend to bc about 4 years ago. I never dreamed I would end up with the same thing. We all supported her as best we could but it took her very quickly. This thing IS rampant. There are new women on this site every day it breaks my heart. My thoughts are with you Fran and with your daughter in law. I will send good vibes her way for Friday. Kind thoughts Viv xx

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran, I agree cancer is shit ! shit ! shit ! , I lost my brother last March , my sister inlaw xmas eve to breast cancer and my dad died of cancer. My daughter had 2 biopsys on her breast on Monday, gets results back Friday. 

I am finaly getting in a better headspace. 3mths down the track, now have to be strong for my daughter, being positive that all will be okay. Big hugs Debbie xxxxxxxxx

• sillysam83
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope ur daughter is ok too Debbie.... xxxx - Let us know how it goes... 

CANCER IS SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! 

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Fran,

I am so sad to hear of the loss of your friend. Yes I would say she is now in peace.

You are very strong, you have shared many words that have given me hope, thank you.

Stay strong and positive. A great big hug for you.

Maria333

All the very best.