crystal bowl meditation

Options
Vinn2016
Vinn2016 Member Posts: 72
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing

hi everyone,

Last nite a friend took me to try this crystal bowl (sound bath) meditation and WOW it was amazing, never tried anything like it. I have done meditation in the past but nothing like this. While doing it I swear I could not feel the horrible feeling I normally have in my fingers and feet from nerve damage (in fact it was like they were not there for 45 mins). I did struggle at first to stay focused but then I was hanging out to hear and feel the next sound and vibration from the bowls. Sometime during the session I swear my mind just went somewhere and I did not have a care in the world, it was like I was not there. It was not until the guy spoke to tell us it was finished that I realized I was in the room again.

I highly recommend it to anyone to try at least once. They told me that each persons experience was different.

I will definitely be going next week.

I think this is the perfect type of meditation for people going through cancer. I only wish my friend had discovered it earlier in my diagnosis but better late then never I guess.

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Vinn,

sounds interesting. How is it different to ordinary meditation? What are crystal bowls? I haven't heard of it before. To ya

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited August 2016
    Options

Meditation has been helping me, I have an app called white noise it has tibetian bowls like my kinesologist uses amazing how I can just drift away from the pain and stress..

Glad your friend took you along.

Alice

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited August 2016
    Options

I have never heard of this either.  Yes I am interested to hear a bit more about it.

Paula xx

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    edited August 2016
    Options

I would also like to know more about the meditation you did.  I meditate almost every day and I'm sure that is what got me through the last twelve months.  

So pleased for you that you had such a lovely experience.....hang onto it. 

Anne-Marie ??

• SoldierCrab
    edited August 2016
    Options

Ladies I found this on youtube .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZWu_EiQhs

I am listening to it now.... I asked my Kinesiologist where to find info...http://www.thebodhispirit.com/

Here is another link ...http://nbmeditation.com.au/classes/quartz-crystal-singing-bowl-meditation/

• SoldierCrab
    edited August 2016
    Options

this is a good explanation of it....

The sound from a quartz crystal singing bowl is pure sonic wave form. Physical properties of the crystal bowls create different tones which resonate within us and work with our sutle frequency signatures. The human body is composed of many crystalite substances therefore has a nature affinity to quartz.

When we work together with crystal and sound, through the bowls, a healing harmonisation occurs between the external and internal vibrations.

One really needs to experience the sound firsthand to feel the majestic uplifting and peaceful effects.

We invite you to join us on a healing journey.

• LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    edited August 2016
    Options

Thanks Vinn and Soldier crab, have checked it out and it's brilliant.

Anne-Marie ????

• Vinn2016
    Vinn2016 Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2016
    Options

hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I have been very busy this week and no time.

They call it Cystral bowl meditation or sound bath meditation. I do it at a place in Caulfield South in Melbourne. Just google Sound bath meditation in Caulfied south for those that live in Melbourne.

They hit crystal bowls and metal (Tibetan) bowls and they make a noise and the vibrations from the bowls go through your body, very relaxing and healing they say.

Last nite I had a sound bath massage with the metal bowls, amazing as you they put the bowls on your body and tap them and the vibrations go through you more strongly then in meditation. But I must say I love the sound of the crystal bowls more in meditation.

I did google crystal bowl meditation on youtube and found heaps of meditation clips using the bowls. There was one particular one I loved with rain in the background.

Hope you all get some enjoyment and therapy out of it if you try it.

Veronica