Feeling Great

Arleene
Arleene Member Posts: 238
edited May 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted for a while but I am feeling really great, I am just on my tablet for 5 years now my oncologist put me on Exemestane, the only side effect has been the bone pain but I am managing it quite well. I am doing things like my old self now but I have a new prospective and outlook on life, everyday is a blessing and I'm getting fitter on the 17th of April I did a 2.5km walk which I did in 28 minutes not too bad, today I did the Mother's Day Classic in Darwin and it was so awesome to be able to walk 4km as a bc survivor and having my family there when I crossed the finish line made it even better especially when my daughter is waving to me and couldn't wait to give me a hug what a great mothers day, there is light at the end of our treatment and we come out the other side wiser and a lot stronger it's a long path but it is worth it, I just wanted to share my day I am feeling pumped. Sending everyone a big hug, huge smiles and lots of positive vibes.

Anita xx

Comments

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited May 2016

Good on you Anita. I did the 5km walk too. What a fantastic day. 10 months ago I could never have imagined doing it. As my friend, who is stage 4 said at the start line, it's good to be alive. Xox

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited May 2016

Hi Anita it is a great feeling to cross that finish line and yes it is great to be on the other side. Sending hugs back xxxx

• Arleene
    edited May 2016

Hi Karen,

It was an awesome day, I was determined to do it last year but then I got diagnosed but I was determined to do it this year no matter how I was feeling as I had my ovaries and tubes removed in March but nothing was going to stop me from doing the Mothers Day Classic, your friend is right It's amazing to be alive and I enjoy living life to the fullest now.

Sending a big hug and a huge smile,

Anita xx

• Arleene
    edited May 2016

Hi Rowdy,

I love my life now and to cross that finish line was amazing after everything we have been through and still go through but being on the other side knowing we made it is awesome after everything we go through it's nice to get back to everyday life but having a better and more exciting outlook on life, I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Sending you hugs and a big smile,

Anita xx

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
    edited May 2016

It's so lovely to hear from you Anita, this really makes me smile. Congratulations on your 4km walk, I'm sure crossing that line meant so much to you. I was at the Melbourne event yesterday and it was such a wonderful morning. Sending you the biggest hug back from Melbourne.

Ann-Marie x

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
    edited May 2016

Congratulations Karen. I hope you had a great day yesterday x

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited May 2016

Great to hear you are doing well Anita and congrats on your walk. ????

Maryrose 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited May 2016

Good Girl, you've been through heaps and you've come out smiling. What a great achievement Honey, sending you a superwoman cuddle xxxx??????

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2016

Great stuff...well done