A Little Nudge Goes A Long Way

San-Dee
San-Dee Member Posts: 99
edited March 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone,

I just want to thank you all for the supportive comments you gave last week when I first posted on here. I am usually one who just sits and waits, not wanting to make waves. I was having trouble getting my breast care nurse to return my calls and didn't want to bother her. You gave me the courage to realise it was her job to take care of me, not the other way around. So I kept nudging until she called. Not that I had any particular problem as I had seen my GP last Friday. But it was so good just to talk with her. She gave me her mobile number and it is now coded in my phone. Not that I want to bug her every other day, but it is comforting just knowing I have it. Anyway, upshot of all this is that I even had the courage to call the cancer centre here to ask when I was in line for an appointment. The oncologist's secretary called this morning and I have an appointment next Tuesday. So, thank you again for your support and encouragement. It gave me the nerve to give a few people a nudge and it has certainly paid off. I feel better already. HA!

San-Dee

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    edited March 2016

San-Dee

Good on you - the breast care nurse will be such a help to you!  You have recognised now that you have to be a little proactive, when appropriate, to ensure you have your appointments et cetera  She can help you fathom the terminology and all those things you haven't thought of yet!

Wishing you all the best as you start off on the treatment plan and hope that the journey is without hiccups

Take care

Christine xx

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2016

Really happy to hear that San-Dee. It sounds like it's about time you put yourself first <3 xo

• San-Dee
    edited March 2016

Thanks Christine,

I'm sure there will be hiccups along the way, but keeping in touch with everyone on here will undoubtedly help. I'm just glad to see things moving. I don't mind if they move slowly...... it's the waiting which is the pits. 

All the best

San-Dee

• San-Dee
    edited March 2016

Hi Inkpetal,

Funny you should say that! If it were my partner of family member in this position I'd be going to bat for them all the way. Seems we forget to care for ourselves while caring for others. 

Thank for your support.

Hugs

San-Dee

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2016

Good on you San-Dee (or is your new nick name Nudge?he he) sometimes we need to be a little more proactive than normal. It will make you feel a little more in control. So pleased the support was able to help. Karen xox

• San-Dee
    edited March 2016

Thanks Karen,

Couldn't have done it without you lot!

Take care and hugs

San-Dee (Nudge to you!)