Shine Like Truth - The Look

melanieg51
melanieg51 Member Posts: 15
edited February 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Got breast cancer? Well maybe technicality you don’t because it was removed in your initial lumpectomy, or mastectomy but you’re still under going chemo treatment, but well you neverknow for sure right? That’s what you hear. So for the sake of this post, let’s say you do have cancer...

Read more from my blog post herehttp://melaniedgriffiths.tumblr.com/post/139791540302/the-look

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2016

Very nicely written. I could understand the 'look' for a young person. For half of us we've had our children and are looking to perhaps survive another 30 years of life.

That's far longer than the 5 year survival rates they offer and that seems insurmountable enough but for a young person like yourself, you would be wanting 50 to 60 year survival rate and that's a good long time. People instantly feel that's just crazy to live that long but survivors do, its just not openly published as a statistic yet.

Its amazing how many people have told me their mums had bc decades ago and they are tentatively cancer free and still going great! At least nowadays we're getting a good handle on treatments and who knows in the future they might even have just an injectable cure. We live in hope this barbaric cutting it out becomes a thing of the past one of these days.