Tomorrow I become a grandma

Cook65
Cook65 Member Posts: 733
edited February 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hi All,

I hope you are all travelling well.  I have a young lady in my life, Courtney, who I have known and loved since she was 3 years old. She's the daughter I never had. It's a long story but she is estranged from her family and I have become mum. Tomorrow she is having her baby, my grandson. 

One thing, amongst others, that affected me when I was diagnosed with bc in April 2014, was that my desire to become a grandmother became so much stronger. I think I was scared that I would never see my grandchildren. Scared I would not be well enough to enjoy them. I'm so excited for tomorrow. Unfortunately they live in another state from me but that's not going to stop me. I am going up to see them for a couple of weeks once dad goes back to work so that she is not on her own. I don't know how much help I will be but I will give it my best shot. She is having a Caesar tomorrow. I have felt for a long time that bc has taken so much from me. Well this is one thing it didn't get! My dream of being a nana! It didn't take my capacity to love and boy is this little man going to get smothered in love. 

Family is what you make it, life can be good again. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow so I'm going to grab today with both hands. Karen xox

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,269
    edited February 2016

Go grab that today, Karen. Enjoy the baby, & every other positive that life brings your way. 

Take care, Lyn

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited February 2016

Don't forget to share pics Grandma. xxxx

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited February 2016

How exciting! no better distraction than a bubba!

Be sure to share photos when you can, safe travels and enjoy your time with them!

Congratulations Nanna!

Xx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2016

Congratulations Karen how exciting for you. Family is a funny thing blood isn't the only way to have family. Courtney is so lucky to have you in her life. Babies are such a gift and a reminder of how much life has to give.

I'm not a grandma but my older sister is and she just loves it. As kids we didn't have grandparents and she said she gives them all the love and time we didn't get. Hope you get to hold him soon xxx

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,194
    edited February 2016

How exciting Karen, can't wait to see the pics. Enjoy every moment with your little grandson, he is so lucky to have such a big-hearted grandma! Love, Jane xx

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2016

I am so excited for you. You just being there will be the best support. I am sure there will be lots of kisses and hugs.

xx

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited February 2016

What a great post to read. So happy for you, Karen! Jane is right, Courtney and your new grandson are lucky to have such a supportive and loving Mum and Nana. Wishing you lots of lovely times together now and in the future. A future that is brighter because you all have each other. Deanne xxx

• angiesg
    angiesg Member Posts: 82
    edited February 2016

This is wonderful news, enjoy those newborn moments with your grandson.

Hope all goes smoothly with her delivery today and im sure she will love it when your able to visit and help out etc

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited February 2016

Introducing Reef Allan born at 10.58 this morning at a wonderful 6lb 13 oz (not bad considering he was 3 and a bit weeks early). Isn't he divine? I'm so in love. Thank you all so much for your lovely thoughts. I am bursting with emotion ????

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,269
    edited February 2016

He is absolutely lovely. I bet you're really busting to be there, now. 

Take care, Lyn

PS bet you're looking forward to lots of cuddles, too. 

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2016

Morning Karen he is adorable xx

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited February 2016

Congratulations to all concerned!

He's absolutely gorgeous! 

Enjoy being a grandma! 

Tracy

Xx