Sorry

Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

It has been a long time since I posted on here and that is entirely because of the way I chose to deal with what was happening around me at that time. I forgot that the ONLY control we really have over what happens in life is how we choose to react to things.

Gee I really thought I had learnt that lesson when I went through my breast cancer diagnosis and treatment! But I obviously had not!

So, I would like to apologize to BCNA for my words and reactions at that time, for any hurt or added stress that I may have caused staff at that time.

I would also like to apologize to any members, especially those who had become such terrific friends who I may have hurt with my words at that time.

I would also like to forgive myself for not recognizing that my load had become too heavy at that time. Adean says this well in her recent post about being four years clear of breast cancer. Sometimes we try to be superwomen but that is just not being fair to ourselves and those around us! It is just not healthy.

Now I would like to say how wonderful and heartwarming it is to see so many positive posts and helpful, caring comments, so many people reaching out to each other on here again. We are so fortunate to have a safe place to come and share our ups and downs as we get through the shock of diagnosis, the long days of treatment and then the 'what now?' of recovery. My heart also goes out to those who unfortunately live with a secondary diagnosis and the never ending treatment path. I so hope that they find a cure for this awful disease very, very soon.

So, I will try to remember that the only real control I have over anything is how I react to it. So sorry I forgot that last year. Wishing everyone the best for whatever stage you may be at. Enjoy if you're having a good day and sending a gentle hug if it's not going so well at the moment. Deanne xxx

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    edited January 2016

Hi Deanne sounds like you've had a rough trot. We all get cranky as this journey is challenging

Take care and a virtual hug for you

Christine xx 

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited January 2016

Hooray Deannes back:):):):):) If you feel the need to apologise,then I don't know what I can do? lol.We were all pretty crazy last year when the format of the blog changed weren't we? Thank goodness for Daina at that time.I truly believe that she understood us,You haven't hurt anyone's feelings Deanne! The BEST thing is that you are back!! Please stay connected here,because you have so much to offer:) Cheers and love Robyn xox

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2016

Hey you. Welcome back, have noticed you popping in occasionally. Sometimes we all just need to step away from all things BC for a while. Have missed your posts. Lovely to see you back again. 

Paula xxxx

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2016

Welcome back Deanne, it will be lovely to see your thoughtful, insightful comments and posts once again. Cheers, Jane xx

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2016

Hey Deanne 

Apologies not necessary here we all understand the crappy times so you shouldnt stress about it.

Take care of yourself ????

Maryrose 

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited January 2016

Hi there, I think we all need that cranky crack it time . Lol so nice to see you again, you gave so much good advice to others so you can continue again, after all your a long term inmate too. Adean xxx

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

Thanks Christine. xox

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited January 2016

Hi Deanne, you had a bad trot there for awhile- training for treking in Nepal and then almost travelling there when the earthquake hit.I'm not sure why you need to apologise - you've always been a great support at this network. We all had a right to feel annoyed when this network was totally changed without any notice and  definitely not for the better.It's frustrating when life doesn't go according to plan. I've just spent the last 3 weeks in bed with pneumonia- didn't see that one coming!! Not a darn thing I can do about it but rest and take antibiotics- out of my control. I hope you've got off to a good start for 2016. Love Tonya xx

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

I hope Daina knew that I never for one second ever thought that the situation was not just as upsetting for her or that she was not doing her absolute best to try and fix things. But it was just too much for me with what else was happening in my life at that time. I had to take a break and figure some things out. But I did miss my BCNA friends a lot!! I have learnt so much from reading the posts and comments on this site. I will keep in touch. ?? Deanne xxoo

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

Thanks for the warm welcome, Paula. I did need some time away, you are right!

Looking forward to catching up with where everyone is at. Deanne xxx

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

Lovely to be welcomed back. I feel better already. Deanne xxx

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

That's what I love about all the wonderful women on here, they DO understand when you are having a moment. Thanks Maryrose.

Deanne xxx

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

Ha, ha, long term inmate, I love that! Yes I guess we do need to let the cranky  out but then I needed to move past it and get on with life. We all know how precious that is. Deanne xxx

• Deanne
    edited January 2016

Thanks Tonya. Yes it is frustrating when life does not go to plan. Don't we all know that unfortunately? Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you are on the mend. I am doing what I can to help my hubby at the moment. He has an ongoing autoimmune issue which effects his left eye. Some years he has no problems with it at all, but he has had two flare-ups in the last 6 months. Very painful and disruptive to our lives, unfortunately. Life just keeps offering these challenges doesn't it? At least we can help each other cope with the ups and downs on here. Hope you are feeling better soon. Deanne xxx

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2016

Hi and welcome back Deanne, I have missed your posts. When I first joined this group you were one of the first to welcome me, Life can dish us out some crap and it can be difficult to deal with. I was so dissappointed for you when your trip didn't happen but glad that you were not there when the earthquake hit.

I hope your husband is feeling better and life is returning to your new normal.Take care sending you a gentle hug back x