Newly Diagnosed

Options
skitzy
skitzy Member Posts: 180
edited January 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi all

What a shock when I got called back after a routine mammogram, I had to go to Nambour where they did an ultrasound & 2 core biopsies, they told me I would have a good idea before going home if it was cancer.

There in the waiting room other ladies had their names called for results, but when my name was called the DR actually said to my husband  "would you like to come too" as you can imagine it could have only been bad news. As we entered the room the DR said "you already know don't you". my reply was I guessed as nobody else's husband was called in.

I was diagnosed with a 2.2 CM invasive lobular carcinoma & told to return the following Monday, it was then I received the green folder with information for myself our GP & the surgeon.

I am due to have a bone & body scan on the 27TH Jan with a mastectomy on the 10TH February.

What a great support this BCNA website is with all the information available & the other ladies who have or are going through this journey too.

Comments

• Nicoletta
    Nicoletta Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2016
    Options

Wow, that was all very sudden and quick for you! From zero to mastectomy within weeks by the sounds of it. It will be a roller coaster for a while, but i wish you all the best, for peace of mind and good outcomes hopefully soon. 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Skitzy

Welcome to the site but sorry you had to join.

Don't you just love it at BreastScreen where most of the ladies go one direction and you get taken to the other, along with hubby ?  SOOOOO obvious it is not going to be good news !

On the way home I suddenly had a cry which came out of the blue but then I was pretty good.  My mastectomy was a shock but it is only a boob, eh ?

Look after yourself, ask as many questions however silly you think they are, and spoil yourself along the way.

Keep in touch

Hugs  Summer  :-)

• skitzy
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Nicoletta

It was quick, as you can imagine I just want it gone asap.

Wishing you well with your journey & sending positive vibes.

• skitzy
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Summer

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am finding some days are good & I can forget about it, then other days I just burst into tears. You did better than me not crying til you got in the car, I was sobbing on the way to the DR's room from the waiting room, like you wrote it was just obvious to both of us.

The sooner it gets taken off the better.

Wishing you well with positive vibes.

Eileen

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Eileen,

Welcome to the Online Network. It's never easy welcoming new members but I always have a smile reading the lovely comments from the community and I am happy that you found us.

My name is Ann-Marie and I am the Online Community Coordinator at BCNA.

It looks like you have been able to find some of the information you are looking for. If you need any help please just ask away.

~ Ann-Marie x

• skitzy
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thank you Ann-Marie for the warm welcome.

Thank you also for a great site & for all the work that must go in to keeping it running. The information available on it is a godsend.

God Bless.

Eileen xx