For all you new and old girls

Options
adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
edited January 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi all I think its important to celebrate good and tell you this week was my fourth year of clear mamo and ultrasound. Its nice to show others who may be at the beginning that we do live and go on, not always as normal but we have a damn good go. Its now 8 weeks since I resigned from my job as unluckily for me I am dealing with a rare form of blood cancer this time Ive decided not to be a super hero LOL but take some time out for me. Good wishes to you all Adean x

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Adean yes we all need to celebrate a all clear, because when you are going through treatment you never think it is going to end. I'm due for my second set of scans next month, 2 years for me since being diagnosed, it seems like only yesterday. I haven't given up work yet but have booked lots of leave to break it up and cope better. Of course I had to come back to work when there is major changes happening and that makes work that bit harder. I'm still trying to find my new normal, everyday is different, one day at a time.

Would you like to catch up maybe lunch in the city, let me know and we can work something out. Congratulations on a all clear, listen carefully and you can hear me laughing Yay

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi! lovely to hear your'e on the better side of BC. Yes the treatment tests us but gives us a better chance of beating it.  Sad to hear that you've hit another hurdle - I don't know anything about blood cancer but I do hope it is early detection and the treatment regime is not too harsh on you.

Take care

Christine xx

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2016
    Options

Whoo hoo. Its wonderful to get those magical words isnt it? Congrats to you and may the future hold nothing but got things for you. I think some retail therapy is in order for you to celebrate.

??????????

Maryrose 

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited January 2016
    Options

Yay for you Adean. I'm glad you are all clear on the breast cancer side of things. I think you are right that it does help to hear the good news. I can remember feeling better hearing from people further down the track than myself. I will (hopefully) be three years clear in a few months time. Hope the blood cancer behaves itself so you can enjoy your well deserved time out. Good wishes to you too. Deanne xxx

• lisboy
    lisboy Member Posts: 91
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Adean

congratulations on the 4 th all clear, but sorry you are having to deal with blood cancer. I hope that you enjoy the time away from work and looking after yourself. All the best,

Lisa

• skitzy
    skitzy Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Adean

Congratulations on the all clear. I am newly diagnosed so just starting out on my journey. I am wishing you well for your new hurdle. 

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hey Adean, nice to see you and with great news re 4 years!!! I am on countdown to 5 years since second diagnosis. 

I hope the blood cancer is behaving and you don't have to have too much treatment?  

Hugs

paula xxxx