Day 8 after chemo

Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Day 8 after chemo, Friday 22nd Jan. Got up early (7am is early) and walked the dogs on the beach 3km. That was it, back to bed for a while. Its not that I am excessively tired, I just get so weary so fast. I just got up a second time and made breakfast and I am weary already. On the plus side my mouth is healing and doesn’t feel like I ate an entire mega bag of salt and vinegar chips today. Lazy day of dvd movies on the agenda I think.

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited January 2016

You just described the EXACT way that I used to feel during chemo.Not excessively tired,just a weariness that would come over me all of a sudden .When it happens,there is nothing you can do about it!!! You sound as though you are doing well.Keep up with the walking,It really helped me:) Cheers Robyn xox

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,710
    edited January 2016

Ten points to you Brenda - sounds like you're kicking goals.  Keep up the positivity and take the rest time

Take care

Christine  xx

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2016

Good on you you are doing well. I hated that mouth feeling mine took ages to heal. Try some inner health plus. I did exactly the same during my chemo. Burst of energy then crash for a while. Love the dvd idea. Its a shame that we need to go through chemo to realise how to take time out but a year later i still make an effort to just chill from time to time.

Sending positive thoughts your way.?? 

Maryrose 

• Brenda5
    edited January 2016

You girls are just so encouraging. I really appreciate it.

• lisboy
    lisboy Member Posts: 91
    edited January 2016

Hang in there Brenda.

i remember that weariness only too well. Before you know it , you will be looking at this in the rear view mirror. Rest when you need to and take care.

Lisa

• Brenda5
    edited January 2016

I am thinking of doing up do's and don'ts on my chemo. By the stomach ache I have atm, a don't is don't eat jelly tip ice blocks, and the hard chocolate bit grazed my tongue while it was at it.