Ultra done & a whole lot of dust

Jane-Altona
Jane-Altona Member Posts: 39
edited January 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Hello,

Completed the ultra marathon, not in the time I wanted, but I did it! It was sooo hot. My running buddy got me to the end, he was determined I was going to finish even though I really wanted to stop half way through. He was right it was worth it & it was an achievement getting to the start line let alone finishing. Cried at the end. I think the last 8 weeks just burst through. 

Got a nice big medal which I'll put in my "chemo bag" and I'll have a little look at it when I get a bit low.

Now for a big rest & boy am I hungry!

Thanks for all the support,

Jane

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016

Oh well done you! Good grief a whole marathon? I was just happy enough the other day when I could do a little run from the road to the beach and my chest didn't fall apart or anything. Its kind of nice discovering the things you can do with the new you.

• Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    edited January 2016

Congratulations Jane! What an achievement!  Keep hold of that warrior spirit over the coming weeks & know, just KNOW, that life is going to be good again ?? Tracey 

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,113
    edited January 2016

CONGRATULATIONS!

I can only imagine how hungry you must be after completing such a long distance.

Your running buddy is absolutely correct. Getting to the start line is huge, completing it is the icing on the cake.

Well done!

~ Ann-Marie x

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2016

Wow that is fantastic, last year I did the mothers day classic, 4 km and I thought I did well. It is not the distance it is staring and finishing. I was very emotional when I finished because the year before I was having chemo and was so sick. My daughter in law ran/ walked with me and supported me to the end, I actually thought I could do it on my own but I was so glad she was there. For you the hard work begins think about your run and how strong you are. Take carex 

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2016

Well done Jane, that's a phenomenal effort! Your strength and obvious determination will hold you in good stead for the next part of your treatment. Hope it all goes well for you. Jane xx

• Kaaren71
    Kaaren71 Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2016

That's awesome.You are going to be able to use that marathon strategy to get through the treatment.Focus on getting through to the finish line in winning style.x

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,269
    edited January 2016

What an achievement. You can be really proud of yourself. I'm not a runner, & couldn't run a marathon at the best of times, let alone just weeks after surgery.

Hope all goes well for you, Lyn

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2016

Wow. Amazing!!! I have a sister who runs marathons and ultra-marathons. I know how much she loves them, but also how tough they are. You are one tough cookie. Well done you. 

Paula x

• Ruth Bird
    Ruth Bird Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2016

Congratulations Jane on such an amazing achievement. Not many people can say they've completed an ultramarathon. That, and all the training you've done, will be a powerful reminder of how tough you are and what you are capable of if you ever need a boost. Amazeballs!